Practices worked at
*Free weight loss consultations in certain locations - please contact secretary for more information*
Mr Sanjay Agrawal is a Consultant Bariatric, Laparoscopic and Upper GI Surgeon in London specialising in weight-loss / obesity procedures, gallstone surgery and all kinds of hernia surgeries.
Sanjay is 'Master Surgeon in Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery™ (MSMBS™) certified by the American Surgical Review Corporation. Mr Agrawal is the only UK weight-loss and obesity surgeon awarded with this designation.
Among his other accomplishments, Mr Sanjay Agrawal is the editor and author of the textbook, ‘Obesity, Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery: A Practical Guide.’
Mr Agrawal has performed about 1,000 bariatric operations, and over 2,000 general surgical procedures. He also spends time training others in bariatric and laparoscopic surgery. He presents at international conferences and publishes articles in renowned journals.
He works within London, Essex and Hertfordshire. Please note appointment prices vary based upon patient treatment. Mr Agrawal offers free consultations for weight-loss surgery in certain locations. For General Surgery (hernias and gallbladders), the consultation costs £200 and follow-up is £150.
Please view patient video testimonials and case studies: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4hA9zRiAnHtc9M5ZHRCBnQ
- Obesity or Weight-Loss Surgery: Laparoscopic gastric band or lapband, gastric bypass and sleeve gastrectomy
- Hernia (groin, inguinal, umbilical and incisional) surgery
- Surgery for gallstones
- Laparoscopic anti-reflux surgery for heartburn / gastro-oesophagael reflux disease (GORD)
- Advanced laparoscopic surgery
- Bariatric surgery
- Obesity surgery
- Weight loss surgery
- Gastric band
- Gastric bypass
- Sleeve gastrectomy
- Gastric sleeve
- All Hernias
- Gall Stone Surgery
- MB BS, University of Calcutta, 1994
- MS (Master of Surgery) in General Surgery, University of Bombay, 1999
- FRCSEd, The Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh, 1999
- FRCSGlasg, The Royal College of Surgeons, Glasgow, 1999
- FRCS (Gen. Surg), Intercollegiate Specialty Examination in General Surgery, 2007
- International Federation of Surgical Obesity (IFSO)
- British Association of Obesity & Metabolic Surgeons (BOMSS)
- British Medical Association (BMA) -
- Association of Surgeons of India (ASI) – Life Member since 1999
I had wonderful care and support from beginning to end for my hernia operation. At my consultations before and after I asked a number of questions and Mr Agrawal took the time to answer all my questions reassuringly and clearly. Most importantly my operation went very smoothly. As a result of the skilful procedure I hardly had any discomfort and was healed and back to work in just over a week.