- Adult Ear, Nose & Throat Surgery
- Facial Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Head & Neck Surgery
- Paediatric (Pediatric) Ear, Nose & Throat Surgery
New appointment: £200
Follow-up appointment: £150
Dr Samuel Jayaraj is a Consultant ENT Surgeon at Barts Health NHS Trust and Whipps Cross University Hospital.
He graduated in 1992 from the University of London and then trained in general surgery and ENT in London, Essex and Herts before he specialised at Charing Cross Hospital, The Royal National Throat, Nose and Ear Hospital (RNTNE) and Great Ormond Street Hospital.
In addition he has undertaken further subspecialty training abroad in Rhinology and Facial Plastic Surgery in Denmark, Switzerland and USA. He also pursued his interest in Otology by working at the House Ear Institute, Los Angeles.
In 2005 he was appointed as Consultant ENT Surgeon at Whipps Cross University Hospital, becoming the Paediatric ENT Lead Clinician in 2008 and the overall Clinical Lead in ENT in 2010. In 2012 he was appointed as the Clinical Director of ENT at Barts Health (one of the largest ENT departments in the country).
He has worked in ENT private practice since 2006 and in 2015 he was elected as Chairman of the Medical Advisory Committee at The Holly Private Hospital.
In 2020 he was invited to join One Welbeck ENT as a Founding Partner and ENT Surgeon, Rhinology Specialist.
His most recent research interests have been in loss of smell due to the Covid 19 pandemic and thus far this has produced 3 peer reviewed medical journal publications (he was a Principle Investigator in one of these studies). He was also one of the pioneers of balloon sinuplasty surgery in the UK and a co-author of the Cochrane Review in this surgical technique.
Sam's personal statement:
"Although I have been lauded for my management and training skills, my primary focus has and always will be on providing the highest level care possible to my patients. It is particularly gratifying for me to hear patients describing my consultations as being clear, compassionate and caring and I have immense satisfaction in seeing my patients recover so well after surgery."
He has become the ENT surgeon that local GP’s trust to ask for advice and to take their own children to see.
Dr Jayaraj is a vastly experienced and reputable surgeon who is proficient in general ENT procedures in children and adults and is super specialised in nose and sinus surgery including rhinoplasty.
Diseases, Medical Tests and Treatments
- Adenoid removal
- Allergy treatment
- Balloon sinuplasty
- Clearing of the sinuses
- Coblation tonsillectomy
- Ear draining / micro suction
- Ear drum repair
- Ear surgery (middle ear)
- Ear syringing
- Ear wax removal (microsuction)
- Endoscopic sinus surgery FESS
- Facial plastic surgery
- Head and neck surgery (oral-maxillo-facial)
- Nasal polyp removal
- Neck cyst removal
- Nose swelling removal
- Nasal cautery for nose bleeds
- Paediatric ENT surgery
- Sinusitis treatment
- Snoring surgery
- Sore throat treatment
- Tongue tie division
- Tonsil removal / tonsillectomy / tonsillitis
- Voicebox and vocal cords examination by camera
- Paediatric ENT (coblation tonsillectomy, adenoidectomy, grommets, neck lumps, allergy)
- Pinnaplasty (bat ears)
- Rhinology (nose and sinus surgery, FESS, balloon sinuplasty, allergy, blocked nose, nasal polyps, snoring, nose bleeds, smell disorders)
- Rhinoplasty and Septorhinoplasty (improve breathing and shape of nose)
- Specialise in contemporary techniques to minimise discomfort and speed recovery
- Blocked ears, ear infections, balance problems and vertigo, Barotitis
- Throat symptoms
- ENT emergencies
- Balloon Sinuplasty
- Ear Wax Removal
- Endoscopic Lacrimal (Tear Duct) Surgery
- Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery (FESS)
- Functional Nasal Surgery
- Grommet Insertion
- Laser Treatment for Nasal Blockage & Polyps
- Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Sinus Surgery
- Stopping Nose Bleeds (Nasal Cautery)
- Thyroglossal Duct Surgery
- Video Consultation
- GORD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease)
- Allergic Rhinitis (Hayfever)
- Broken Nose
- Deviated Septum
- Ear Infections
- Ear Wax
- Eardrum Perforations
- Epistaxis (Nose Bleeding)
- Eustachian Tube Dysfunction (ETD)
- Facial Palsy
- Head & Neck Lumps
- Hearing Loss
- Hoarseness and Other Voice Disorders
- Meniere’s Disease
- Nasal Blockage
- Nasal Polyps
- Noisy Breathing
- Obstructive Sleep Apnoea (OSA)
- Otitis Externa
- Otitis Media (Glue Ear)
- Smell Disorders
- Snoring Problems
- Swallowing Disorder (Dysphagia)
- Tongue Tie
- Tonsil and Adenoid Infections
- Vestibular Neuritis
- Voice Problems
MB BS 1992 University of London
Otolaryngology From 26 May 2005
Published and presented extensively (over 30 papers)
Contributed to 3 textbooks.
Previously a member of the Surgical Training Committee (London Deanery) and have been a faculty member and lecturer at courses and meetings at national and international level.
Several prestigious awards (in particular, best otology presentation at The Royal Society of Medicine 2002, The RCSEng travelling Fellowship 2003 and The European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery Fellowship 2004 enabling visits to centres of excellence in the U.S.A and Europe respectively).
5 NHS Clinical Excellence Awards
Ear Nose & Throat Surgery
Mr Samuel Jayaraj is a fantastic ENT surgeon with special interests in Nasal disorders and Paediatric ENT. I often refer patients with complex nasal disorders. He has always been approachable, responsible and professional in his work. I have received excellent feedback from patients about the care they received. He has an excellent reputation for such work at The Holly hospital.
Excellent rhinologist and general ENT opinion