Mr Saj Khan is a consultant ophthalmologist who treats patients needing cataract and vision correction surgeries.
Mr Khan’s expertise lies in cornea, cataract and both laser and lens-based vision correction surgery. Mr Khan is one of the UK’s earliest users of femtosecond laser technology and has a keen interest in its use during ophthalmic surgery. He regularly performs cataract surgery using femtosecond laser technology and utilises the no-stitch, no-needle surgical approach to keratoconus treatment by performing collagen cross-linking. He also performs procedures related to intracorneal rings, implantable contact lenses (ICL) and corneal and stem cell grafting.
Along with cataract surgery, intraocular lenses and laser vision correction, Mr Khan also treats dry eyes and driving-related visual problems.
Mr Khan has a high level of experience in the diagnosis and management of complicated corneal disorders and post-refractive surgical problems.
He regularly teaches other ophthalmologists, optometrists, nurses and healthcare providers, both within the UK and abroad.
Mr Saj Khan himself has had laser eye surgery, so understands how his patients feel when they come for treatment. He is dedicated to helping his patients feel comfortable and easing their apprehensions regarding surgery.
Diseases, Medical Tests and Treatments
- Femtosecond laser cataract surgery
- Multifocal, toric, accommodating, light adjustable lens and macular degeneration implants
- Keratoconus treatments including collagen crosslinking, intra corneal rings and implantable contact lenses (ICL)
- Dry eye and blepharitis treatments
- General ophthalmology
- No-needle small incision cataract surgery
- Fuch’s endothelial dystrophy
- Refractive surgery for the treatment of myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism and presbyopia
- Laser corrective eye Surgery
- Implantable contact lenses
- Refractive lens exchange with multifocal implants
- Dry/watering eye
- Cataract Surgery
- Complex Cataract Surgery
- Femtosecond laser Assisted Cataract Surgery (FLACS)
- Implantable Contact Lens (ICL)
- Laser Eye Surgery (LASIK/PRK/LASEK)
- Multifocal Intraocular Lens
- Myopia Control
- Refractive Cataract Surgery
- Refractive Lens Exchange
- Dry Eyes
- Macular Degeneration
- Myopia (Short-Sighted)
Primary Medical Qualification
MB BS University of London 1994
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Member of the European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- Member of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- Member of the United Kingdom & Ireland Society of Cataract And Refractive Surgeons
- Member of The Cornea Society
- Member of the Eye Bank Association of America
- British Medical Association
Saj is an experienced surgeon with a gentle and calming manner putting patients at ease. I have and will happily refer my patients to him for his expertise and opinion.