Mr Sabu Jacob is a Consultant General Surgeon at Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust. He specialises in vascular surgery (both venous and arterial) and laparoscopic surgery.
Mr Jacob sees patients with a range of vascular problems and carries out a variety of vascular procedures including bypass surgery for blocked arteria, carotid endarterectomy and angioplasties. He was the first to perform the keyhole repair of abdominal aortic aneurysm (Endovascular Aneurysm Repair (EVAR)) using a stent-graft at King George Hospital in 2000 and the first to perform keyhole repair of a ruptured aortic aneurysm at Queen's Hospital in 2013.
Mr Jacob is an expert in laparoscopic surgery. He introduced the laparoscopic extraperitoneal hernia repair (TEP) at Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust and has carried out over 600 laparoscopic hernia repairs in the private sector. Mr Jacob also performs laparoscopic gallbladder surgery and minimally invasive thoracoscopic sympathectomy for hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating of hands and armpits).
Mr Jacob has a keen interest in varicose vein surgery and the new minimally invasive treatment options currently available. He was the pioneer of the Venefit procedure - radiofrequency ablation of varicose veins in the private sector in Essex and has performed over 300 Venefit interventions.
- Varicose veins surgery
- Endovenous laser treatment for varicose veins
- Endovenous radiofrequency ablation for varicose veins
- Thread vein treatment
- Vascular procedures (lower limb bypass surgery, carotid endarterectomy, angioplasties)
- Aortic stent-grafts
- Laparoscopic hernia repair
- Gallbladder laparoscopic surgery
- Haemorrhoid treatment/surgery
- Minimally invasive thoracoscopic sympathectomy for hyperhidrosis
- Varicose veins, thread veins
- Arterial surgery
- Gallbladder surgery
- Laparoscopic hernia surgery