Practices worked at
Mr Omar Abu-Bakr is a Consultant Venous Surgeon and Phlebologist with a special interest in walk-in, walk-out surgery for varicose veins. He has over 12 years of experience in treating varicose veins.
Mr Abu-Bakr is a specialist in General Surgery. He is a member of the American College of Phlebology, the International Union of Phlebology, and the European Venous Forum. He is a fellow of the College of Phlebology, UK.
Mr Abu-Bakr completed The Whiteley Clinic training in endovenous ablation of varicose veins and thread veins in 2012. He also trained in glue closure therapy of varicose veins in Sapheon in Germany.
Mr Abu-Bakr has a research interest in varicose veins, endovenous treatment of severe varicose veins, and treatment of venous ulcers.
For more information visit Mr Abu-Bakr's personal webpage: www.TheVeinsDoctor.com
- Endovenous Laser Ablation (EVLA)
- Endovenous Radiofrequency Ablation
- Foam Sclerotherapy
- Varicose Veins Surgery
- Microsclerotherapy for Thread Veins
- Video Consultation
- Varicose Veins
- Thread Veins
- Painful Legs
- Chronic Venous Insufficiency
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (Blood Clot)
- Leg Ulcers
- Pelvic Congestion Syndrome
- Swollen Feet & Ankles
- Swollen Legs
- Ultrasound Guided Foam Sclerotherapy
- Endovenous Microwave Ablation of Varicose Veins
- Venous insufficiency
- Spider veins
- Thread veins
- Leg ulcers
- High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU)
- Endovenous Laser Ablation
- Varicose veins
- MD - "Carol Davila" University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Bucharest, Romania - 2001–2007
- FCPhleb - Fellow of the College of Phlebology, London
- American College of Phlebology - 2007
- College of Phlebology, London - 2012
- International Union of Phlebology - 2015
- European Venous Forum - 2015
"Omar is one of the most talented young vein surgeons that I have ever had the pleasure of working with. He is technically excellent. In addition, he has a very gentle, kind and caring attitude- as can be seen from the excellent patient feedback that he gets."
"Great venous surgeon and easy going guy."
"New colleague in the team, already making an excellent impact in the world of phlebolgy."
"Omar is a colleague. He is a world renowned leader in the management of varicose veins. His medical practice within the clinic allows Omar to practice the most up to date techniques in the management of varicose veins. Omar strives to give patients the best and world leading treatments. He has a great rapport with patients and staff and is one of the easiest doctors to speak to. He is a great colleague to work with and his patients give him great reviews."