Mr Kartikae Grover is a consultant oncoplastic breast surgeon and the clinical lead of breast surgery at Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust. He also consults privately at Spire Hull and East Riding Hospital and is available for virtual consultations. Mr Grover's specialist area is breast surgery.This includes benign breast conditions and breast cancer.He has undergone extensive training in breast and reconstructive surgery at major training hospitals within the UK. He has also spent time at the European School of surgery where he received training in oncoplastic techniques in breast conservation surgery.He offers a range of breast surgical procedures including reconstructive and cosmetic ones.
Mr Grover performs the following procedures:
- Breast reductions and breast lifts
- Breast implants
- Male breast surgery including removal of excess breast tissue
- Transgender FTM surgery
- Lipomodelling for developmental abnormalities and to correct defects following breast cancer surgery.
- Range of breast cancer surgery including lumpectomy,mastectomy,sentinel node biopsy and axillary clearence
- Partial breast reconstruction with perforater flaps
- Total breast reconstruction with implants and pedicled tissue flaps
Mr Grover qualified in 1990 from the University of Delhi, before going on to become a Master of Surgery. He became a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in 1998 and acquired his FRCS(General Surgery) in 2007. Prior to his appointment at Hull University Teaching Hosptals NHS Trust in 2011, Mr Grover served led the breast surgery team at Scarborough Hospital.
Outside of the hospital, Mr Grover enjoys undertaking art projects with his three daughters and also spends time reading about history and world religions.