Mr Jullien Gaer is a consultant cardiac surgeon at Royal Brompton and Harefield hospitals, where he treats private and NHS patients.
He graduated from the University of London in 1983 and completed his postgraduate training at some of Europe’s leading centres of cardiac surgery, including:
- Royal Brompton and Harefield Hospitals
- Royal Postgraduate Medical School (now part of Imperial College London)
- Broussais Hospital, Paris.
He became a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in 1986, and was awarded his Master of Surgery (University of London) in 1996.
Mr Gaer was previously a consultant at St. George’s Hospital in London and the Austin Hospital in Melbourne, Australia before moving to Harefield Hospital.
He has worked extensively in the Middle East, China and South East Asia. He is an honorary professor of surgery to the Chinese People’s Liberation Army (the armed forces of China).
- Aortic valve surgery, including minimal access aortic valve replacement
- Aortic root surgery
- Ascending aorta surgery
- Aortic arch surgery
- Surgery for endocarditis
- Complex re-do aortic surgery
He is alo an accomplished exponent of coronary artery bypass surgey including total arterial revasculartisation.