Practices worked at
Mr Julian Livingstone is a Consultant Podiatrist with an NHS practice at the Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust, and a number of private practices in and near London. He underwent undergraduate training in London, graduating in 1990, and appointed as a Consultant podiatrist in 2002 within the trauma and Orthopaedic team at Barnet and Chase Farm Hospitals the first such consultant appointments in the UK. Mr Livingstone is primarily a specialist in problems that arise from the function of the foot. He provides foot and associated care for all ages and is able to treat a range of lower limb musculoskeletal disorders arising from the function of the foot. His special interests include the developing foot of children, flat feet in the adult and child, plantar fasciitis and heel pain, ankle pain, bunions, gait analysis and podiatric biomechanics and footwear. Mr Livingstone has an interest in teaching and has lectured at university courses as well as National and International Conferences in Podiatry. He believes in bringing the best available evidence-based treatments to his patients. Away from the clinic Mr Livingstone enjoys cricket, golf, rugby and cooking and is a regular guest on BBC 3’s Nick Coffer Show, answering calls and messages about foot and ankle related issues.
- Shock Wave Therapy
- Gait Analysis
- Toenail Surgery
- plantar fasciitis
- Diabetic feet
- Flat Feet (adult and child)
- Plantar Fasciitis / Heel pain
- Metatarsalgia / Forefoot pain
- Ankle Pain
- Extra Corporeal Shock Wave therapy
- Bunions (Hallux Valgus)
- Gait analysis, Podiatric Biomechanics
- Ingrown Toenails
- Foot infections
Qualifications and Memberships
- Bachelor of Science (Podiatry)
- Diploma of Podiatric Medicine
- QIPP adviser for National Institute for Health & Care Excellence (NICE)
- Fellow of the College of Podiatry (Medicine)
- Fellow of the Faculty of Podiatric Medicine of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
- Member of the Board of The Faculty of Podiatric Medicine of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons Glasgow
- Examiner for the Faculty of Podiatric Medicine of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
- AHP advisor for the Department of Health.
- Member of The American Podiatric Medical; Association(APMA),
- Member of the British Foot & Ankle Orthopaedic Association(BOFAS)
- Member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
My young autistic son needed urgent surgery during this most sensitive time of Covid and I am proud to state that Dr Livingstone and Julia were absolutely amazing. Their patience support and care is unmatched, not to mention the clean and safe environment. My son felt fabulous immediately after the surgery and because if the high level of hygiene , his toes have already healed beautifully. Thank you so much. Highly recommended for anyone needing treatment for their ingrowing toe nails. Stay Safe and keep up the great work.
The overall experience was excellent - from the initial consultation to the undertaking of the procedure and the after-care. Everything was fully explained, I felt totally at ease and in safe and professional hands.
Excellent treatment and follow up. Explained things well and went through all risks clearly
Mr Livingstone scores top marks in every department. He inspired confidence at first consultation, performed ensuing surgery with utmost competence, and provided full and reassuring guidance at final follow-up meeting. I recommend Mr Livingstone unreservedly.
Very happy with everything so far
Good at dealing with fear of needles
Very informative and expert care. I had advice based on my timetable and problems. Healed entirely and tackling source.
great explanations and all round care
A sdries of Professional, personal and punctual consultations following a referral from a fellow Consuiltant.
We were extremely impressed with Mr Livingstone's care for my mum at our appointment yesterday. He diagnosed her very quickly and explained to us exactly what was wrong. Something her NHS GP had been unable to do. It was a big relief for my Mum and she now has a plan of action to improve her health. I would recommend him to anyone with concerns.
I was really pleased with how I was dealt with and my foot issues explained and how to make it better.Especially now know that I have aggrivated corns and not verracua as I have been getting told.