Mr Joseph Patrick Martin Ellul is a Consultant General and Laparoscopic Surgeon at BMI Chelsfield Hospital in Orpington, Kent and BMI The Sloane Hospital in Beckenham, Kent. He holds an Honorary Contract with King's College Hospital, London.
He has 25 years Consultant Level experience of surgery throughout the gastrointestinal tract including advanced Laparoscopic /Keyhole surgery for the treatment of gallstones, complex hernias and bowel surgery. He also undertakes routine general surgery such as hernia repairs performed as day cases and gastrointestinal investigations such as gastroscopy and colonoscopy.
He established Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery in Bromley which enables patients to make a rapid recovery from major bowel surgery for cancer and other diseases of the colon.
He has published numerous papers on the treatment of various gastrointestinal conditions, especially cancer.
- Abdominoperineal Resection
- Removal of Rectum and Colon (proctocolectomy)
- Colorectal Surgery
- Keyhole (Laparoscopic) Hernia Repair
- Bowel Diversion Surgery
- Gallbladder Removal (cholecystectomy)
- Lipoma Removal
- Bowel Surgery (colectomy)
- Bowel Cancer Screening
- Open Hernia Repair
- Upper Gastrointestinal Conditions (oesophagus & stomach)
- Colon Cancer
- Bowel Cancer
- Inguinal Hernia
- Femoral Hernia
He qualified MB BCh (1980) at the Cardiff University School of Medicine and went on to train in Manchester and subsequently on the Guy’s Hospital surgical rotation in London and the South East. He is a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS) of both England and Edinburgh and was awarded a Master of Surgery (MCh) for research at Guy’s Hospital in the physical chemistry of bile and the treatment of gallstones.
He continues to undertake clinical research at King's College Hospital with an emphasis on outcomes. He belongs to the the following societies:
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain & Ireland
- Royal Society of Medicine
- Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons
- Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland
- Royal Colleges of Surgeons of England and Edinburgh
- General Medical Council
This specialist has not collected any Doctify reviews
A superb surgeon a wonderful colleague and a superb doctor
Excellent surgeon for abdominal and endoscopic problems