Mr Jonathan Bird is a London orthopaedic surgeon with a special interest in knee surgery. While studying at the UCL School of Medicine, where he eventually qualified from, Mr Bird joined the British Army. It was here that he saw firsthand the highest quality of medicine given to our military. He eventually qualified from UCL in 1997, and continued to serve until 2004, gaining experience while treating both soldiers and Iraqi civilians hurt by the conflict.
After leaving the army in 2004, Jonathan had more specialized orthopaedic training in London before taking his current NHS post at University Hospital Lewisham. It is also here that he is the premier knee surgeon and initiated the Acute Knee Service. At the same time, he also leads the undergraduate medical students at King’s College.
Mr. Bird is still always striving to improve his orthopaedic practice, going to conferences and learning the latest therapies and techniques for his clients. He can treat the knee injuries of elite athletes as well as someone suffering daily pain from arthritis. He’s always trying to give his patients the best care and improve their quality of life.
Diseases, Medical Tests and Treatments
- Re-do (revision) ACL Reconstruction
- Knee surgery for young arthritis
- ACL Reconstruction
- Joint Injection
- Knee Arthroscopy
- Knee Ligament Repair
- Knee Preservation Surgery
- Knee Replacement
- Meniscal Repair
- Minimally Invasive Knee Surgery
- Multiligament Reconstruction
- Partial Knee Replacement
- Patella Realignment
- Patellofemoral Joint Replacement
- Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Reconstruction
- Tendon Repair
- Tibial Tubercle Transfer
- Total Knee Replacement
- Video Consultation
- Knee Pain
- ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament) Injury
- Knee Arthritis
- Knee Cyst
- Patella (Kneecap) Dislocation
- Posterolateral Corner Injury
- Sports Injuries
- Stress Fractures
- The Young Knee
- Torn Meniscus (Cartilage)
- BSc (1994) - University College London
- MB BS (1997) - University College London
- MRCSEd (2001) - Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- FRCS (Orth) (2009) - Intercollegiate Surgical Board
- Member of British Association for Surgery of the Knee, British Orthopaedic Association and the European Society for Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy
Mr Bird is highly regarded for his excellent patient care, as well as surgical outcomes, and that is why i highly recommend him to patients who have knee pain.
Happy to recommend Mr Bird for knee conditions. Patients we have in common have commented that he has gone to great trouble to make sure they are well cared for.
An excellent soft tissue knee surgeon.