Practices worked at
Specialist's working hours
Mr Hooman Sherafat is a Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon and Lead Clinician at the Royal Eye Unit, Kingston Hospital NHS Trust. As an experienced Ophthalmologist, Mr Sherafat performs operations such as cataract surgery in addition to his specialist interest in Ophthalmic plastic, lacrimal and reconstructive surgery.
Upon qualifying from St George's Hospital Medical School in 1992, Mr Sherafat undertook higher specialist training in Ophthalmology at Guys and St. Thomas' Hospital and the world renowned Moorfields Eye Hospital. It was there that he later completed further sub specialist fellowship training in the field of Oculoplastic. Today he is a member of the British Oculoplastic Surgery Society (BOPSS) and a Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists.
Mr Sherafat has great experience in the field and a keen interest in cataract surgery and treating all aspects of oculoplastic disorders ranging from lid malpositions to non-surgical periocular rejuvenation.
- Cataract Surgery
- Blepharoplasty (Eye Lid Surgery)
- Blocked Tear Duct (NLDO) Surgery
- Ptosis Repair
- Complex Cataract Surgery
- Eye Test
- Multifocal Intraocular Lens
- Adult Ocular Motility Disorders
- Conjunctivitis (Pink Eye)
- Droopy Eyelid (Ptosis)
- Dry Eyes
- Eye Infection
- Eye Problems
- Eyelid Lumps and Bumps
- Vision Problems
- MBBS University of London 1992
- FRCOphth Royal College of Ophthalmologists 1997
- Fellowship in Oculoplastics Moorfields Eye Hospital 2005
- Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- The British Oculoplastic Surgery Society (BOPSS)
- European Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgery (ESCRS)
- British Medical Association
Mr Sherafat is an excellent cataract and oculoplastic surgeon. I have referred him several patients and would not hesitate to refer my patients or even my family members to him!