Practices worked at
Mr Greg Jones is an upper gastrointestinal surgeon specialising in weight loss surgery, gallbladder surgery, and hernia surgery. He currently works in the Thames Valley region and central London and has NHS appointment at the Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust. Mr Jones prides himself on listening to the individual needs of his patients and finding the best treatment path for them, whether or not this involves surgery.
He works privately as part of Thames Valley General Surgery, a group of specialists who provide surgical care in Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire and the surrounding areas. He is able to offer private bariatric surgery, working together with an experienced multi-disciplinary weight loss team at Optimise Weight Loss (optimisewl.com). Mr Jones’s areas of interest include robotic and laparoscopic weight loss surgery, minimally invasive surgery for gallstones, hernias and heartburn, and enhanced recovery after surgery.
After qualifying in 2003, Mr Jones became a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England (FRCS) in 2012 and was appointed consultant in upper GI and bariatric surgery in 2015. He underwent specialist upper GI and bariatric surgery training at St Thomas’ Hospital in London, Oxford University Hospital, and Monash Medical Centre in Melbourne, Australia. He has also completed further bariatric surgery training in the Netherlands and France.
- Gastric Sleeve
- Acid Reflux Surgery
- Metabolic Surgery
- Weight Loss/Bariatric Surgery
- Abdominal Wall Reconstruction
- Achalasia Surgery
- Endoscopy (OGD)
- Gallbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy)
- Gallstone Surgery
- Gastric Balloon
- Gastric Banding
- Gastric Bypass
- Healthy Living Advice
- Hernia Repair (Keyhole)
- Lipoma Removal
- Liver Surgery
- Mini Gastric Bypass
- Non-Surgical Weight Management
- Open Hernia Repair
- Skin Lesion Removal (Warts, Moles and Skin Tags)
- Video Consultation
- Weight Loss Programme
- Femoral Hernia
- Gallbladder Cancer
- Inguinal Hernia
- Weight Gain
- Weight Loss
- BSc - University College London. 2002
- MB BS - Imperial College, London. 2003
- MRCS - Royal College of Surgeons, London. 2006
- Fellow fo the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS), London. 2012
- Fellowship in Upper GI and Bariatric Surgery, Melbourne. 2014
- British Obesity and Metabolic Surgery Society (BOMSS)
- International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO)
- Association of Upper GI Surgeons (AUGIS)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons, London.
- General Medical Council, UK
- Medical Protection Society, UK.
"I have worked with Greg Jones for the past 5 years, and can wholeheartedly recommend him as an expert in weight loss surgery, hernia repair, gallbladder surgery and treatment for acid reflux. He is technically a very skilled surgeon and provides excellent personalised care for his patients. He is a great colleague works very well in a team. "
"Mr Jones is a highly qualified and skilled General, Upper GI and Bariatric surgeon. He is an expert in laparoscopic and Robotic surgical techniques and has helped pioneer Robotic Bariatric surgery in the UK over the last few years. He works as part of a highly professional and dedicated surgical consortium - Thames Valley General Surgery - and provides care to patients in the Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire regions. His work with Optimise Weight loss (a part of Thames Valley General Surgery) extends his practice in to London, at the world renowned Princess Grace Hospital."