Practices worked at
Mr Maytham is a Consultant vascular surgeon. He is the Unit Lead for the treatment of Venous Disease at St Georges Vascular Institute and the Clinical Lead for Vascular Trauma at the Major Trauma Centre. He is also an Honorary Consultant at Epsom and St Heliers University Hospitals NHS Trust, and responsible for delivery of vascular services at Epsom Hospital.
He delivers a full vascular practice, with specialist interests including the management of venous disease such as varicose veins and the management of central venous stenosis and he has published and delivered international presentations on the latter topic.
He served in the British Army as a Medical Officer in the regular forces retiring as Lieutenant Colonel in 2017. During his 18 years of service, he undertook operational deployments in Northern Ireland, Bosnia, Kosovo, Iraq, North Africa and Afghanistan, and gained much experience in delivering surgical care in austere environments.
- Endovenous varicose vein treatment (Laser,radiofrequency and sclerotherapy)
- Ultrasound guided sclerotherapy of varicose veins
- Treatment of peripheral vascular disease (open and endovascular)
- Endovascular and open aortic aneurysm repair
- Popliteal Entrapment Release
- Treatment of carotid artery disease
- Peripheral arterial disease
- Infra-renal aortic aneurysmal disease
- Superficial venous disease (Varicose veins)
- Vascular trauma
- Torso trauma
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh - Fellowship (FRCS)
- University of Sheffield - Master of Philosophy (MPhil)
- University of Witwatersrand, South Africa - Bachelor of medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBCh)