Mr. Gabriel Also is an Orthopaedic and Spinal Surgeon with an active NHS and private practice. He specialises in treating patients with back pain, sciatica or hip or knee joint problems; helping them to return to their usual activities of daily living, work or recreation as soon as possible using the most appropriate methods, be it operative or non-operative.
Mr. Alo treats patients with back pain, sciatica or spinal claudication using conservative measures, spinal injections, and neurosurgical or orthopaedic procedures as appropriate for each individual case. He operates only on adults.
In addition to his own practice, Mr. Alo actively participates in the West Midland Regional Spinal Network and related MDT activities. He attends international medical conferences in his areas of special interest.
Although his NHS practice still includes General Orthopaedics and Spinal Surgery, his private practice is focused on spines as driven by demand and interest. He still offers advice to patients who come to me for hip and knee surgery he would refer them on to an appropriate colleague who specialises in hip or knee surgery and has specialised advice in those areas; keeping to his own speciality of spinal surgery.
Diseases, Medical Tests and Treatments
- Back surgery (spinal surgery)
- Pain management injections for back and facet joints
- Sciatica Spinal injections for sciatica and back pain
- Spinal/Neurogenic Claudication Surgery for sciatica and back pain
- Joint replacement
- Advisory service on back pain
- Back pain
- Spinal claudication
- Coccygeal pain
- Spine Surgery
- BSc Hons (Health Sciences) Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife Nigeria 1975
- MBChB Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife Nigeria 1978
- FRCS (Glasg) College of Phyicians and Surgeons Glasgow 2001
- FRCS (Orth) College of Phyicians and Surgeons Glasgow 2001
- FMCS Nigerian Postgraduate Medical College 1981
- British Orthopaedic Association (BOA)
- British Association of Spinal Surgeons (BASS)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- North American Spine Society (NASS)
- British Medical Association (BMA)