Mr Fabio De Robertis trained as a cardiac surgeon at the University of Naples, Italy. In 2000, he joined Professor Sir Magdi Yacoub at Harefield Hospital to obtain further subspecialty training in complex cardiac conditions and transplantation.
In 2007, he completed a fellowship in mitral surgery at the Royal Brompton Hospital and in 2009 he was appointed as consultant in cardiac surgery and transplantation.
- Total arterial revascularisation with off-pump (beating heart) techniques
- Minimally invasive cardiac surgery (MIDCAB, mini-sternotomy, mini-thoracotomy)
- Complex mitral valve reconstructive surgery
- Aortic valve and root surgery with human substitutes (homograft) and prosthetic substitutes
- Chest wall reconstruction for the treatment of recurrent sternal dehiscence following cardiac surgery
- Heart and lung transplantation
- Surgical therapies for cardiac failure including ventricular assist device (VAD) surgery
- Minimally Invasive Lung Transplantation
- Reconditioning and Preservation of Donor Organs
- Surgicla Therapies for Cardiac Failure
Charming gentleman and surgeon