Mr David Khoo is a Consultant General Surgeon at Queen's Hospital in Romford, Essex. He qualified from Guy's Hospital, London and trained in surgery mainly in the East and South England and London. Mr Khoo was appointed a consultant in 1996 at Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust and holds the posts of clinical director for surgery and clinical director for gastroenterology at The Trust.
Mr Khoo sees patients with all aspects of gastrointestinal conditions and offers rapid diagnosis using endoscopy. He specialises in laparoscopic surgery and surgery of the gut. Mr Khoo performs complex laparoscopic procedures including weight loss surgery, oesophagogastrectomy, hiatus hernia and reflux surgery, splenectomy, colon resection and biliary surgery. He has a keen interest in surgery for gastrointestinal cancer.
Mr Khoo is actively involved in the training of junior surgeons and was the 2009 winner of the prestigious Silver Scalpel award from the Association of Surgeons in Training (ASIT). He is also actively involved in research and has co-authored numerous papers in his area of interest.
- Laparoscopic surgery - hernia repair, gallbladder removal
- Advanced laparoscopic surgery - gastric bypass, gastric banding, sleeve gastrectomy, antireflux surgery, appendicectomy, abdominal/retroperitoneal lymph node biopsy, hemicolectomy
- Complex surgery - splenectomy, anterior resection, gastrectomy
- Colorectal cancer
- Cancer of stomach and oesophagus
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Gallstones disease