Damian Clark is a consultant orthopaedic knee surgeon & trauma surgeon. Clark Having attended secondary school in Bristol and then medical school at Kings College London, Clark completed further training with the University of Swansea and the University of Bristol. He undertook specialist training at the Severn Deanery training programme. He was awarded Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons and the European Fellowship in 2013.
He performs knee surgery including ligament reconstructions, knee replacement surgery (partial and total replacements), robotic knee surgery, arthroscopy, osteotomies and patellofemoral surgery.
Damian gained experience from fellowships in Australia and Canada. He was fortunate enough to be the most highly awarded fellow in his Canadian cohort receiving two fellowship prizes in that year for best surgeon's research. He worked with several professional sports teams during his training in both North America and in Australia. He has worked with American Footballers, Australian rugby players, UK Strongmen and countless others. He brings that modern approach to every case.
- MRI Scan
- Multi ligament Reconstruction
- Postoperative Rehabilitation
- Revision Surgery
- Steroid Injection
- Tendon Repair
- External Fixation Devices
- Fracture Fixation Surgery
- Knee Ligament Repair
- Knee Replacement
- Meniscal Repair
- Minimally invasive knee surgery
- Partial Knee Replacement
- Patella Realignment
- Patellofemoral Joint Replacement
- Posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) reconstruction
- Patella instability
- Anterior knee pain
- Enhanced recovery
- Robotic surgery
- ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament) Injury
- Arthritis (Knee)
- Knee Cyst
- Knee Pain
- Patella (kneecap) dislocation
- Posterolateral corner injury
- The Young Knee
- Torn Meniscus (Cartilage)
- Medical and Surgical Bachelors King's College London 2003
- Master in Trauma Surgery University of Swansea 2012
- MD University of Bristol 2019
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons Royal College of Surgeons of England 2012
- Fellow of the European Board of Orthopaedics and Traumatology European Board of Orthopaedics and Traumatology 2012
- ATLS Provider. Resuscitation Council 2015
- “Norman Schachar Research Award”. 1st place, University of Calgary. 2017.
- “Norman Schachar Research Award”. 3rd place, University of Calgary. 2017.
- BASK (British Association of Surgery of the Knee) essay prize. 2016
- Presentation prize- Severn Deanery registrar’s presentation day. 2012.
- ‘Above and Beyond Charity’ research prize. Patellar Arthroplasty research. 2009.
- ‘Best F1 teacher’ nominee. The foundation programme director, BRI. 2008.
- Swansea University. MSc Trauma surgery academy