Practices worked at
Specialist's working hours
Mr Chetan Bhan is an experienced colorectal surgeon and has a high volume colorectal resectional practice with greater than 75% of case performed using laparoscopic techniques. In addition, Mr Bhan has a number of leadership roles within North and Central London including colorectal cancer and general surgery lead. Mr Bhan lead the colorectal cancer hub at The Princess Grace Hospital that perfomed all colorectal cancer resections for North, Central and East London during the first wave of COVID 19 infections.
In the provate sector Mr Bhan works as part of a robust multidisciplinary team for colorectal cancer, inflammatory bowel disease and benign colorectal conditions. The team includes gastroenterologists, oncologists, pathologists and radiologists with national and international profiles. Working in this mannner ensures delivery of excellence in patient care.
Mr Bhan qualified from Guy’s and St Thomas’ Medical School in 1998 and his surgical training encompassed London and the South East. His training also included research into lower gastrointestinal disorders and advanced colorectal training in complex surgery at The Royal London Hsopital. He completed his training in Sydney, Australia where he undertook a fellowship in advanced laparoscopic techniques.
Mr Bhan’s areas of special interest include surgical management of hernias, gallstones, colorectal cancer, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), diverticular disease and pelvic floor disorders. He has developed the Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery (SILS) colorectal service (virtually scarless surgery) at the Whittington Hospital where he is also Head of the Department of Surgery.
He is also reponsible for training the next generation of surgeons in his position as Training Programme Director for surgical training in North Central and East London.
Diseases, Medical Tests and Treatments
- Minimally invasive surgery in particular single incision laparoscopic surgery ( SILS) also known as virtually scarless surgery
- Colorectal surgery particularly inflammatory bowel disease
- Hernia surgery
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Diverticular disease
- Proctology and pelvic floor disorders
- Colorectal cancer
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Abdominal Wall Reconstruction
- Abdominoperineal Resection
- Bowel Diversion Surgery
- Bowel Surgery (Colectomy)
- Colorectal Surgery
- Gallbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy)
- Gallstone Surgery
- Hernia Repair (Keyhole)
- Lipoma Removal
- Open Hernia Repair
- Removal of Rectum and Colon (Proctocolectomy)
- Skin Lesion Removal
- Transanal Endoscopic Microsurgery (TEM)
- Anal Cancer
- Anal Fistula
- Bowel Cancer
- Bowel Obstruction
- Colitis (Ulcerative Colitis)
- Colon Cancer
- Crohn’s Disease
- Faecal Incontinence
- Femoral Hernia
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Inguinal Hernia
- Pilonidal Sinus Disorders
- Rectal Cancer
- MB BS 1998 University of London
- MSc in Surgery 2011 University of Kent
- Royal College Of Surgeons Of England
- Association of Coloproctology Great Britain and Ireland
- British Medical Association
Chet and I have worked together for several years and performed complex colorectal resections together. He shows excellent technical surgical abilities and is always very approachable towards his patients.
Excellent colleague and clinician. Great with patients.
Mr Bhan is an excellent Clinician and Colleague. I highly recommend him to anyone
He is a great colleague and excellent surgeon. He is well appreciated by his patients.