Dr Bessam Farjo graduated from his general surgery training from the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland in 1988. He then trained in hair restoration surgery in Canada in 1993 and is a co-founder of the Farjo Hair Institute in England. He has numerous memberships in surgical associations including being a past president of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery and co-founder of the British Association of Hair Restoration Surgery. In 2012 he received the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery Platinum Follicle Award for outstanding achievement in basic scientific or clinically-related research in hair pathophysiology or anatomy in relation to hair restoration. He is also an expert contributor to television channels including the BBC, Channel 4 and Sky, a commentator to a number of newspapers and a blog writer for the Huffington Post.
- Fellow of the International College of Surgeons (FICS)
- Diplomate and Past Board Director of the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery (ABHRS)
- Past President & Fellow of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS), 1st European President
- Founder Member and Past President of the British Association of Hair Restoration Surgery (BAHRS)
- Member of the European Hair Research Society (EHRS)
- Board of Trustees, the Hair Foundation
- Fellow, Board Member and Medical Director of the Institute of Trichologists (est. 1902)
- Founder Member of the Trichological Society
- Medical Director of HairClone Limited
- Past Principle Investigator at Intercytex Plc
Mr Farjo gave an honest appraisal of my hair issues and provided professional advice in an unhurried consultation
Dr farjo made me feel at ease and explained the procedure in detail.
Cheryl was excellent