Mr Cresswell is a Consultant Surgeon, specialising in surgery for the Liver, Gall Bladder, Bile Ducts and Pancreas, as well as in hernia surgery.
He trained in Scotland, London and the South East and has spent time as a visiting surgeon at several specialist cancer units in the USA and Japan, learning advanced techniques and approaches.
He offers a full range of specialist laparoscopic and open surgery for conditions affecting the liver, gall bladder, bile ducts and pancreas - including gallstones, liver and bile duct cancers, liver cysts, pancreatitis and pancreatic cysts and tumours.
He has a special interest in cancers that have spread to the abdominal lymph nodes and soft tissues and in complex pancreatitis - for which he has pioneered several minimally invasive approaches.
His interest in complex surgery has led to skills in dealing with complex abdominal wall defects and hernias - for which he offers both laparoscopic and open operations as appropriate.
Diseases, Medical Tests and Treatments
- Gallstones / Cholecystectomy
- Hernia Surgery
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
- Liver Cancer / Resection
- Pancreatic Surgery
- Non-stone Related Biliary Tract Pain (Biliary Dyskinesia / Gallbladder Dysfunction)
- Abdominal Lymph Node and Soft Tissue Metastases
- Skin Lesions and “Lumps & Bumps”
- Liver Resection
- Pancreatitis / Pancreatic Disease
- Investigation of Abdominal Pain
- Metastatic Cancer
- Liver Ablation
- Multi-modality Cancer Treatments
- Hernia Repair (Keyhole)
- Acid Reflux Surgery
- Endoscopy (OGD)
- Gallbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy)
- Linx System
- Lipoma Removal
- Liver Biopsy
- Liver Resection
- Liver Surgery
- Open Hernia Repair
- Skin Lesion Removal (Warts, Moles and Skin Tags)
- Skin Lesion Treatments
- Whipple Procedure
- Inguinal Hernia
- Bowel Cancer
- Femoral Hernia
- Gallbladder Cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Pancreatic Disorders