Mr Asif Haq is a Consultant Laparoscopic Colorectal and Minimal Access Surgeon based at Kings College Hospital. He specialises in bowel cancer and coloproctological conditions. He is also has exceptional expertise in revision abdominal surgery in particular incisional hernia repair using the minimal access approach, abdominal wall reconstruction and reversal surgery for stomas (ileostomy and colostomy).
Mr Haq graduated in Medicine from the National University of Ireland in 1990, before undertaking his surgical training in England. Following this, he completed specialised colorectal training in London and Canada. He was awarded the Sir Ian Todd Fellowship and the New York travelling fellowship for research by the Royal College of Surgeons of England. After completing his training, he undertook two prestigious Laparoscopic Fellowships
Mr Haq is passionate about teaching both nationally and internationally. He is a trainer for the national training program for laparoscopic colorectal cancer surgery. He is also a member of the Network of Iranians for Knowledge and Innovation, traveling annually to hospitals in Iran to train and lead workshops for medical students and doctors.
- Colorectal Surgery
- Bowel Cancer Screening
- Acid Reflux Surgery
- Achalasia Surgery
- Bowel Surgery (Colectomy)
- Hernia Repair (Keyhole)
- Oesophagus Cancer Surgery (Oesophagectomy)
- Stomach Cancer Surgery (Gastrectomy)
- Anal Fistula
- Inguinal Hernia
- Bowel Cancer
- Anal Cancer
- Bowel Obstruction
- Crohn’s Disease
- Colitis (Ulcerative Colitis)
- Faecal Incontinence
- Femoral Hernia
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
- Pelvic Pain
- Pilonidal Sinus Disorders
- Rectal Bleeding
- Rectal Cancer
- MB BCh National University of Ireland 1990
- LRCP Royal College of Physicians
- FRCS Royal College of Surgeons
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Royal Society of Medicine
- St Marks Association
- Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Coloproctology of Great Britain & Ireland
- Laparoscopic Surgeons of Great Britain
- British Medical Association
- Medical Defence Union Fellow of Laproscopy
"I have worked with Mr Asif Haq over a number of years and we have jointly cared for many patients with complex medical and surgical problems. He is an excellent surgeon with great treatment outcomes and is very caring towards his patients."
"Asif is an excellent colleague and highly trained surgeon. He is very responsive to patient requests and needs. I have referred patients to him and have received very good feedback about the care and treatment he provides."
"Expert and empathic surgeon who has treated many of my patients and friends with excellent results and feedback"
"Outstanding colorectal surgeon"