Mr Ashwin Reddy is a highly experienced Consultant Ophthalmologist, specialising in treating children’s eye conditions. He graduated from the prestigious medical school of Cambridge University and completed his higher training in Leicester and East Anglia. During this time he developed his great interest in paediatric ophthalmology and retinoblastoma and thus undertook a fellowship at the Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto, Canada.
Having undertaken 11 years in total of postgraduate training, Mr Reddy has been a very successful consultant since 2004. He is currently a consultant at Barts Health NHS Trust and the Moorfield’s Eye Foundation Trust. More precisely, he is the leader of the Ophthalmology Services at the Royal London Hospital and at the Retinoblastoma service in London.
Except for his clinical expertise, Mr Reddy is also an active researcher and a dedicated teacher as he holds the position of senior lecturer at Queen Mary Medical School. In addition, his passion for paediatric ophthalmology extends to great humanitarian work, as Mr Reddy is medical advisor to charities in the UK and developing services around the world.
Diseases, Medical Tests and Treatments
- Paediatric ophthalmology
- Amblyopia treatment
- Paediatric ocular oncology
- Squint surgery
- Blocked tear ducts
- Retinoblastoma surgery
- Cyst surgery
- Amblyopia (lazy eyes)
- Retinoblastoma (children’s eye cancer)
- MD Cambridge University 2003
- MBBChir Cambridge University 1992
- FRCOphth Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists 1997
- British Isles Paediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus Association
- American Association of Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus
- International Society of Ocular Oncology