Practices worked at
Mr Andrew Sankey is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon who specialises in shoulder and elbow surgery. He works at King Edward VII's Hospital and has an NHS practice at The Chelsea and Westminster Hospital in London.
Mr Sankey completed an undergraduate degree at St John's College, Cambridge before going on to graduate from St Mary's Hospital, London. He specialised in Orthopaedics on the University College Hospital/Middlesex rotation in London.
Mr Sankey has an interest in research, in particular, shoulder arthroplasty and proximal humerus fracture fixation methods. He has presented his research nationally and internationally and has been published in several peer-reviewed journals.
Mr Sankey has created an app to support his patients throughout their preparation for and recovery from surgery, personalised to each patient.
- Management of sports injuries
- Total shoulder arthroplasty
- Treatment of shoulder and elbow fractures
- Rotator cuff repair
- Management of subacromial impingement
- Treatment of shoulder and elbow arthritis
- Shoulder stabilisation
- Treatment of tennis and golf elbow
- Repair of biceps tendon rupture
- Sports injuries
- Rotator cuff tears
- Subacromial impingement
- Tennis and golf elbow
- Elbow fractures
- Biceps tendon rupture
- Acromioclavicular joint arthritis
- MA at St John's College, University of Cambridge- 1997
- MBBS at St Mary's Hospital, London- 1997
- FRCS at London- 2007
- 12-month Fellowship in Upper Limb Surgery at the Shoulder Unit at St Mary’s Hospital
- Research in the Department of Biomechanical Engineering Imperial College