Mr Kasbekar is the East Midlands regional Training Programme Director for ENT Surgery. He is a Consultant ENT Surgeon (Children & Adult) and Honorary Assistant Professor at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust & Nottingham University.
Anand completed his undergraduate medical training at the University of Nottingham (2003) before being trained as an adult and paediatric Ear, Nose and Throat surgeon in London, Cambridge, Glasgow and Liverpool. This included a year at the renowned Alder Hey Children's hospital undertaking complex ENT surgery. Anand has undertaken visiting fellowships at Stanford University, California and at the House Ear Clinic, Los Angeles, USA. He was recently awarded the TWJ short fellowship to Nijmegen, The Netherlands to further train in complex ear surgery. Finally, Anand undertook a further post-training specialist fellowship in all types of hearing implants, chronic ear conditions, balance disorders and Neurotology at the world famous Otology unit at Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge.
Anand gained a Doctorate in Medicine undertaken at Cambridge University Hospitals in collaboration with the Medical Research Council. He was awarded the Royal Society of Medicine award for research in 2008. Currently his research is conducted at the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Nottingham Biomedical Research Centre.
Anand runs training courses for ENT doctors and also teaches on various national ENT courses. He is in charge of ENT training in the East Midlands Region. Anand has attended charitable ENT camps in developing counties. He has also founded a registered charity, Nottingham Ears to further charitable work and to support education and training for people who suffer with Ear, Nose and Throat diseases/conditions.
Anand enjoys treating adults and children who have problems with their ears, nose and throat including balance problems, dizziness and snoring.
- Ear Wax Removal
- Grommet Insertion
- Balloon Sinuplasty
- Bone Conduction Implant (BCI)
- Eustachian Balloon Tuboplasty
- Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery (FESS)
- Functional Nasal Surgery
- Middle Ear Implant (MEI)
- Sinus Surgery
- Stopping Nose Bleeds (Nasal Cautery)
- Surgery for Nasal Blockage & Polyps
- Tongue Tie Excision
- Video Consultation
- Ear Infections
- Hearing Loss
- Earache (Ear Pain)
- Eustachian Tube Dysfunction (ETD)
- Allergic Rhinitis (Hayfever)
- Ear Wax
- Eardrum Perforations
- GORD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease)
- Acoustic Neuroma
- Balance Problems & Disorders
- Deviated Septum
- EBV (Mononucleosis/Glandular Fever)
- Epistaxis (Nose Bleeding)
- Facial Palsy
- Meniere’s Disease
- Nasal Blockage
- Nasal Polyps
- Obstructive Sleep Apnoea (OSA)
- Otitis Externa
- Otitis Media (Glue Ear)
- Smell Disorders
- Snoring Problems
- Superior Canal Dehiscence Syndrome (SCDS)
- Tongue Tie
- Tonsil and Adenoid Infections
- Vestibular Neuritis
Post graduate qualifications
- BMedSci -Science degree University of Nottingham 2001
- BMBS -Medical degree University of Nottingham 2003
- DO-HNS- Diploma in ENT Surgery Royal College of Surgeons of England 2006
- MRCS - Member of the Royal College of Surgeons Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2006
- FRCS (ORL-HNS) -Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons Royal College of Surgeons of England 2014
- DM - Doctorate in Medicine Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Trust / Medical Research Council / University of Nottingham 2015
Affiliations / memberships
- General Medical Council
- British Society of Otology
- British Cochlear Implant Group
- British Medical Association
"Mr Kasbekar is an excellent ENT Surgeon and a fantastic colleague. He always strives for the very best care for his patients and delivers a first class level of care. He has an excellent level of knowledge and uses evidence based practice to provide the most up-to-date treatments for his patients. Any person choosing Mr Kasbekar as their ENT Surgeon will no doubt be delighted by their experience."
"Dr Kasbekar is well known and accomplished ENT surgeon in Nottingham. We have been involved in the joint care of some patients. The surgical outcomes have been excellent and my patients speak highly of him."
"Anand is an enthusiastic and progressive colleague who I have worked with for over 5 years. He is approachable and caring in his management."