Practices worked at
Specialist's working hours
Miss Sofina Begum received her medical degree from the University of Leicester in 2004. During that time she finished an intercalated BSc in cardiovascular science and went on to complete her basic surgical training in London.
Miss Begum achieved her master's degree in surgical science then went on to higher surgical training in Yorkshire. This included training in uniportal minimally invasive surgery (keyhole) for lung cancer and lung volume reduction. She is also trained in endobronchial procedures for airways disease and severe emphysema.
Since 2017, Miss Begum has been a consultant at Royal Brompton Hospital.
Miss Begum undertakes thoracic surgery in both adult and paediatric patients.
- FRCS CTh Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh 2015
- Masters in Surgical Science University College of London 2010
- Bachelor of Sciences in Cardiovascular science Leicester University 2003
- MBChB Medical Degree Leicester University 2004
- Society for Cardiothoracic Surgery of Great Britain and Ireland (SCTS)
- Royal College of Surgeons
- European Society of Thoracic Surgeons