Miss Shams is a full-time Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon at Moorfields Eye Hospital in London, specialising in the management of eyelid, lacrimal and orbital disorders.
She qualified from Guys and St Thomas’s Hospital School of Medicine in London and has a Bachelor of Science degree in Anatomy. She undertook Ophthalmic Surgical training in London, including Moorfields Eye Hospital, and advanced subspecialty training in Canada, Australia, UK and the USA.
Miss Shams’ clinical practice includes a comprehensive repertoire of oculoplastic, reconstructive and lacrimal surgery and cosmetic eyelid and periocular surgery.
In addition to her clinical practice, she contributes to clinical research in her field; publishing and reviewing for peer-reviewed journals, mentors and supervises ophthalmic trainees and medical students, and regularly participates in national and international conferences.
- Upper and lower eyelid Blepharoplasty (Eye Lid Surgery/ceyebags)
- Orbital Surgeries
- Ptosis Repair (droopy eyelid)
- Brow ptosis repair
- Blocked Tear Duct Surgery (NLDO)
- Revision eyelid surgery
- Cosmetic Botox
- Eyelid reconstruction
- Eyelid tumor management
- Repair of eyelid malposition (entropion and ectropion repair, eyelid retraction repair)
- Management of thyroid eye disease
- Paediatric oculoplastic surgery (Dermoid cysts, ptosis repair)
- Eye socket surgery
- Management of facial nerve palsy
- Botox for blepharospasm and hemifacial spasm
- Eyelid lumps and bumps
- Meibomian gland cyst/chalazion
- Trichiasis (abnormal eyelashes)
- Management of dry eyes
- Eye Infection
- Eye Problems
- Dry Eye Syndrom
- MBBS 1999 University of London
- BSc 1996 London
- Member of the Royal College of physicians 2002
- Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists 2011
- Member of the British Oculoplastic Surgeons Society (BOPSS) 2014
- Member of the European Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons (ESOPRS) 2018
- Member of the American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons (ASOPRS) 2014
Pari was really nice & helpful, explained everything.