Ms Emma Beddow studied medicine between 1989 and 1994 at the London Hospital Medical College (now part of Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry). Continuing her training, she became a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England in 1998.
Between 2000 and 2006, she was a specialist registrar in thoracic surgery for the north London rotation.
In December 2006, Ms Beddow was appointed a consultant thoracic surgeon at Harefield Hospital.
She regularly gives second opinions of highly complex high risk cases and often accepts them for surgery, pushing the boundaries aiming for cure.
She has co-authored a 'Handbook of Cardiothoracic Surgery,' writes in peer review journals and has a passion for teaching.
- Bronchoplastic resections, including distal airway reconstruction
- Extended resections for lung cancer
- Tracheal surgery
- Endobronchial cryotherapy
- Chest wall tumours
- Video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery
- Surgery for emphysema
- Surgery for mesothelioma
- Pleural disease, benign and malignant including pneumothorax
- Lung cancer surgery
- Major airway surgery and stenting
- Mediastinal tumours
- Benign and malignant pleural disease
- Pectus surgery
Very good Doctor, I would recommend her to anyone who need a lung specialist. Thank you very much Emma!