Miss Ekpemi Irune is a consultant ENT, head & neck, and thyroid surgeon based at Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge. Her main focuses at work are benign and malignant head and neck surgery, thyroid surgery, treatment of voice complaints, Laser surgery of voice box issues, airways and digestive tract pathologies. Her breadth of knowledge allows her to undertake major head and neck surgeries with or without reconstruction. Recently, she has developed and led an NHS clinic focusing on assisting COVID-19 patients with issues of the voice, swallowing and upper airways. Additionally, she has extensive experience from her private practice work. Running a Trans-nasal oesophagoscopy service and plastic-facial service. She offers Rhinoplasty, Scar revision, Botox®, dermal fillers, and dermatological treatments.
Following her graduation from her undergraduate degree at medical school, Miss Irune began Higher Specialist Training at well-renowned teaching hospitals in England in otolaryngology, head & neck surgery. She went on to later obtain a master in surgical science from Imperial College London. Afterwards, she went on to complete several fellowships including a research degree on the outcomes in the treatment of head and neck oncology at the Institute of Cancer Research and the Royal Marsden Hospital in London. She also completed a fellowship in facial plastic surgery at the Academic Medical Centre in Amsterdam and the National Training Interface Group Fellowship in Aesthetic and Reconstructive surgery. These fellowships enable Miss Irune to gain experience in techniques in rhinoplasty, craniofacial surgery, and facial plastic surgery.
She was later designated by the Royal College of Surgeons of England as a Post-CCT Fellow in Advanced Head and Neck surgical oncology at Charing Cross Hospital. She continues to further her education and experience with a keen interest in trans-oral robotic surgery and continues to research the field of head and neck oncology. She contributes to the education of fellow doctors by being an active participant in the Higher Specialist Surgical Training of doctors.
- Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Ear Wax Removal
- Head and Neck Cancer Surgery
- Head and Neck Surgery
- Microscopic Laryngeal Surgery
- Stopping Nose Bleeds (Nasal Cautery)
- Surgery of the Larynx for Cancer
- Thyroglossal Duct Surgery
- Video Consultation
- Vocal Fold/Laryngoscopy
- Broken Nose
- Ear Infections
- Thyroid Problems
- Allergic Rhinitis (Hayfever)
- Deviated Septum
- Ear Wax
- Epistaxis (Nose Bleeding)
- Facial Palsy
- GORD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease)
- Head & Neck Tumours
- Neck Lumps
- Noisy Breathing
- Obstructive Sleep Apnoea (OSA)
- Otitis Externa
- Snoring Problems
- Swallowing Disorder (Dysphagia)
- Thyroid Cancer
- Tonsil and Adenoid Infections
- Vocal Cord Disorders
- Voice Problems
- FRCS (ORL-HNS) Royal College of Surgeons of England
- DOHNS Royal College of Surgeons of England
- British Association of Head & Neck Oncologists
- European Head & Neck Society
- British Association of Endocrine & Thyroid Surgeons
- British Laryngology Association
- European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine
Many thanks for this kind feedback. Always a privilege to look after the patients that come through.
Many thanks for this kind feedback. Very kind indeed.
Grateful for your kind words. Thank you
Many thanks for this feedback. Wishing you the best.
Thank you. Much appreciated.
Thank you for your kind feedback.
Thank you very much.
"She is a very good colleague of mine and has a fantastic approach to patients both in terms of clinical acumen as well as her manner and communication skills."