Practices worked at
Dr Wajid Hussain is a consultant cardiologist at Royal Brompton and Harefield hospitals.
He graduated from the University of Birmingham with honours in both physiology and medicine. He trained in general cardiology in London before undertaking research in basic science projects relating to heart rhythm disorders at Imperial College London and Columbia University, New York. This work led to him being awarded a Young Investigator Prize at the European Society of Cardiology.
He was appointed as consultant cardiac electrophysiologist at Royal Brompton and Harefield Hospitals to facilitate the expansion of ablation services, particularly in treating atrial fibrillation.
- The management of arrhythmias ranging from simple palpitations to complex arrhythmias
- Atrial fibrillation and the role of ablation in managing this condition
- Ventricular tachycardia
- Supraventricular tachycardia (SVT)
- Wolff-Parkinson-White (WPW) syndrome
- Single and dual chamber pacemaker insertion
- Transthoracic and transoesophageal echocardiography
He explains things so I can understand he is always interested in what you have to say and takes time with you.
Very professional .goes the extra mile
Whilst Dr Wajid Hussain and his team were exemplary in every way I can honestly say that the care and attention I received could not have been better. These guys really are the pioneers in every sense of the word, and truly demonstrated that to me in the manner which my heart operation was conducted. Thanks to everyone at Harefield hospital who made my stay a very pleasant one.