Mr Sudip Ray is a Consultant Vascular Surgeon at Kingston and Charing cross hospitals in 2000 and the Chairman of the Thrombosis Group of Kingston Hospital. After qualifying from Magdalen College, Oxford University and completing clinical studies at the Westminster Hospital, London, He worked as a Consultant at Frimley Park Hospital and a Senior Registrar at both St.Thomas' and St. George's hospitals in London. In the past, Mr Ray has also worked as a Travelling Fellow in the prestigious vascular centres at UCLA, California and Albany Medical Centre, New York. Currently, he also practices privately in Wimbledon, Kingston, Harley Street, and the Channel Islands.
Mr Ray is experienced in all aspects of the arterial and venous disease but is particularly interested in minimally invasive keyhole treatment of varicose veins, management of deep vein thrombosis, arterial blockages of the legs and sclerotherapy. He is the UK lead trainer for the procedure, Venaseal, a technique to close veins using medical superglue without the need for anaesthetic.
Diseases, Medical Tests and Treatments
- Varicose vein surgery
- Laser varicose
- Bypass blocked arteries
- Assessment and treatment of lower limb arterial diseases and swelling
- Venaseal bioadhesive treatment of veins
- 1 stop duplex scanning
- Keyhole Varicose vein procedures
- Peripheral arterial disease
- Bachelor of Surgery - Westminster Medical School 1986
- Master of Surgery - London University 1997
- Bachelor of Arts- Oxford University 1983
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons of England RCS England 1990