Practices worked at
Dr Shankar Sridharan is a Consultant Paediatric Cardiologist currently based at The Harley Street Clinic.
His current NHS post is Great Ormond Street Hospital NHS Trust. His areas of specialism are the diagnosis, treatment, and ongoing care of all types of heart disease affecting babies, children, and teenagers. His areas of interest/expertise include heart murmurs in children, congenital heart disease in children, child chest pain, baby heart murmur, echocardiography and fetal cardiology.
Dr Sridharan qualified in Medicine in 1998 from Imperial College Medical School (St Mary’s Hospital), with Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery degrees. Dr Sridharan has worked at Great Ormond Street Hospital since 2001. He is also a Member of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health.
In addition, Dr Sridharan is interested in research regarding Remote detection of prenatal myocardial injury and management of featal tachyarrhythmias. He has many professional publications in peer-reviewed journals. He has received awards including BMA Book Awards 2011 (Highly Commended) and Cardiovascular MRI in Congenital Heart Disease.
- ECG (Electrocardiogram)
- ECG Monitor
- Exercise Stress Test
- 24 Hour Blood Pressure Monitor
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Cardio-Pulmonary Exercise Testing
- Exercise Testing in Children
- Fetal Cardiology
- Screening for Congenital Heart Defect (CHD)
- Video Consultation
- Chest Pain
- Heart Murmurs
- Paediatric (Pediatric) Congenital Heart Disease (CHD)
- Ventricular Septal Defects (VSD)
- Arrhythmia (Irregular Heartbeat)
- High Blood Pressure
- Loss of Consciousness (Syncope)
- Transposition of the Great Vessels
- MBBS Imperial College School of Medicine, London
- BSc Cardiology Imperial College School of Medicine, London
- MRCPCH Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
- CCST Paediatric Cardiology Royal College of Physicians, London
"I have worked with Shankar for a number of years at gosh. He is first class in his clinical care and i highly value his opinion. He is also a calm and thoughtful colleague and always puts his patients at the forefront of his care.I recommend him highly."
"A very friendly guy. Comes with a great reputation. "
"It is always a great pleasure to refer to Dr Sridharan. He is fantastic with children and top in his field. "
"Dr Sridharan is a highly respected cardiologist. He is very knowledgeable and I refer many patients to him. Patient's feedback is excellent"