Dr Chong is a consultant neurologist, he has a specialist interest in managing patients with headaches, facial pain and nerve damage pain - utilising techniques such as Occipital Nerve blocks and Botulinum toxin injections - he has co authored numerous papers and chapters in books on these subjects.
He has worked with the National Institute of Clinical Excellence and was a member of the guidelines development group for management of headaches - he was a specialist advisor to the standards committee as well as the health technology assessment group at NICE.
- MB BS 1986 University of London
- NICE Guideline Development Group for Headaches.
- NICE Guideline Development Group for Neuropathic Pain.
- NICE Standards Subcommitee for Headache Services.
- NICE Editorial Sub Committee for Neuropathic Pain.
- Medical Advisory Committee for Trigeminal Neuralgia Support Group.