Practices worked at
Dr Lim is an experienced and dynamic electrophysiologist and cardiologist specialising in heart rhythm disturbances, pacing and syncope. He performs ablation for atrial and ventricular arrhythmias, both simple and complex and implantation of pacemakers and defibrillators.
Dr Lim has a special interest in mapping and ablation of atrial fibrillation and is currently actively researching techniques for modulating the autonomic nervous system to treat atrial fibrillation and vasovagal syncope.
He has published numerous articles on treatment for syncope and is frequently invited to speak at National and International meetings to share his experience in helping treat patients with syncope - he is also rated one of the best educators and teachers by his trainers at Imperial College.
Dr Lim was voted by peers as top doctor in Cardiology in the UK in 2017 and 2018 by peers.
He is frequently rated highly by all his patients, and reviews can be seen directly on
More information can be found on :
- Tilt table testing
- Electrophysiology and ablation
- 24-hour blood pressure monitor
- ECG monitor
- pacemaker implantation
- transoesophageal echocardiography
- catheter ablation
- defibrillator implantation
- cardiac investigations
- exercise stress test
- atrial fibrillation
- heart valve problems
- inherited cardiac conditions
- long DT syndrome
- ventricular fibrillation
- heart failure
- high blood pressure
- non-invasive heart imaging
- chest pain
- heart rhythm
- hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- valvular heart disease
- congestive heart failure
- heart attack
- Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome
- University of Cambridge - MB BChir- 2000 (Double First Class Honours)
- Imperial College London - PhD 2010 (Atrial Fibrillation)
- IBHRE Pacing Certified (USA Heart Rhythm Society) 2009
- Royal Society of Medicine
- Royal College of Physicians
- Heart Rhythm Society
- Medical Advisory Committee for STARS (Syncope Trust and Reflex Anoxic Seizures) Society
- Medical Advisory Committee for Arrhythmia Aliiance
Dr Lim is an excellent Cardiologist, very knowledgeable, caring, empathetic. He is loved by all his patients and held in great esteem by his Colleagues! I would recommend him to any patient looking for the best Cardiologist around!
Dr Boon Lim is an excellent Cardiologist and specialist Electrophysiologist. He has an outstanding combination of a wonderful manner with patients, a detailed knowledge of his field and expertise in complex procedures. Boon has provided great care and attention to the patients I have referred to him and it is a pleasure working with him to look after our patients.
Dr Lim is an excellent clinician. I have referred him a number of patients over many years, particularly those patients who have experienced blackouts or episodes of near fainting, and require detailed further assessment,and he has always offered outstanding care.