Dr Michael Irani is a highly respected Senior Consultant Rheumatologist with a special interest in sports injuries, sports performance issues, Paget’s disease and osteoarthritis. Qualifying from Kings College Hospital Medical School in 1973, he has enjoyed a successful career with over 30 years of experience treating a wide range of Rheumatic diseases. He has also attended seven Olympic and Commonwealth games and was the selected IOC Medical liaison for the Rio Olympics.
Currently, he is a medical member of the Judicial Appeals Tribunal, the Sports Resolution Appeals Tribunal and Executive Board Member for the International Weightlifting Federation. Additionally, Dr Irani is an Honorary Senior Lecturer at the Imperial College School of Medicine and a recognised teacher in Medicine at the University of London. Further to this he examines and sets questions for the Royal College of Physicians, Royal College of Surgeons and Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine.
Dr Irani currently practices privately in clinics across Harrow, Windsor and Brentford.
Diseases, Medical Tests and Treatments
- Joint injection
- Soft tissue injection
- Rheumatic diseases
- Bone health
- Paget’s disease
- Spinal pain
- Sports injuries
- General Internal Medicine
- BSc (Hons) Physiol Kings College, University of London 1970
- LRCP; MRCS; MB BS King's College Hospital Medical School 1973
- MRCP UK Royal College of Physicians 1977
- FRCP Royal College of Physicians 1994
- FISEM Institute of Sport & Exercise Medicine 1996
- FFSEM Faculty of Sport & Exercise Medicine, RCS Edin 2004
- FRCS Royal College of Surgeons of England 2013