Practices worked at
Dr. Madeleine Vieira is a Clinical Child Psychologist based in South Kensington, London. She works in private practice offering Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Cognitive Behavioural Play Therapy, Play and Creative Arts Therapy, and Diagnostic Assessments to children.
In addition, Dr. Madeleine Vieira offers Clinical Supervision to Play and Creative Arts Therapy trainees and professionals.
Dr. Madeleine Vieira has studied at the C.G. Jung Institute in Los Angeles, has a Master of Arts degree from the University of Exeter, and a Doctorate degree in Clinical Psychology from University California Los Angeles graduated in the top 2%.
In addition to being a registered Clinical Psychologist with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC), she is a qualified Test/Assessment User registered on the Register of Qualifications in Test Use (RQTU) of the British Psychological Society (BPS) .
Dr. Madeleine Vieira is also an Accredited Play and Creative Arts Therapist and Certified Clinical Supervisor in Play and Creative Arts Therapy registered with Play Therapy United Kingdom (PTUK) accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
In addition, Dr. Madeleine Vieira is Cool Kids accredited which involves treating childhood anxiety through a specifically designed Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) program.
Diseases, Medical Tests and Treatments
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Play Therapy
- Play and Creative Arts Therapy
- Diagnostic Assessments
Dr. Madeleine Vieira is specialised in Anxiety Disorders and has also extensively worked with the following:
Psychological Disorders - Depression, Anxiety, ADHD, ADD, Autism Spectrum Disorder
Third Culture Kids' Issues - Grief, Family Change, Cultural Adaptation, Transitions, Friendships
Academic Achievement - Learning Difficulties - Behavioural Difficulties - Illness - Social Isolation
- Anxiety Disorder
- Asperger Syndrome
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Child & Adolescent Mental Health
- Low Self-Esteem
- Panic Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship Issues
- Trauma/Complex Trauma
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- The British Psychological Society - Register of Qualifications in Test Use (BPS RQTU)
- The BPS Division of Clinical Psychology - Faculty for Children, Young People and their Families (BPS DCP CYPF)
- The BPS Division of Educational & Child Psychology (BPS DECP)
- Association of Child Psychologists in Private Practice (AChiPPP)
- Play Therapy United Kingdom (PTUK) accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA)
- Association for Play Therapy (APT)
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- California Psychological Association (CPA)