Based in London, Dr. Katia Cikurel is a highly experienced and renowned consultant Neurologist. With extensive expertise in General Neurology, Dr Katia Cikurel's specialist interests include neuro-oncology, epilepsy, headache, migraine, peripheral nerve disease and management of brain tumours.
She graduated from Charing Cross and Westminster Medical School in 1990, obtaining her MD from the University of London. She has worked in many of the top London teaching hospitals and also obtained further experience and research in neuro-oncology and HIV neurology at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York from 2004-2006. She is a Consultant Neurologist at King's College Hospital where she is the Neurologist on the Neuro-Oncology Team and is also practising privately at The Harley Street Clinic in London.
Areas of interest:
General neurology; Neuro-oncology (brain tumors); Epilepsy; Headaches; Migraines; Peripheral nerve disease.
Diseases, Medical Tests & Treatments:
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Brain Tumors
- BSc(Hons) Psychology - University of London 1987
- MBBS - Charing Cross and Westminster Medical School, University of London 1990
- MRCP(UK)- Royal College of Physicians, London 1993
- MD- University of London 2001
- FRCP(UK) - Royal College of Physicians 2005
- Neuro-Oncology and HIV Neurology - Mount Sinai Hospital, New York 2004 - 2007
Dr Cikurel and I have worked closely with mutual patients for many years. She is an excellent neurologist, very supportive and is very pragmatic in her approach to patient care. I look forward to working with her with many more patients in the coming years.