Dr Towgood is a registered clinical psychologist and is listed on the specialist register of clinical neuropsychologists. She has worked in neuropsychology for over 15 years and continues to work within the NHS in a part-time capacity.
She has specialist experience in neurological assessment and treatment of patients with stroke, dementia, Parkinson's disease and other neurological conditions. She is also experienced in working with those with sleep difficulties.
Diseases, Medical Tests and Treatments
- Behaviour Therapy
- Behavioural Activation (BA)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- traumatic brain injury
- head injury
- neurological disorders
- sleep disorders
- Masters in Clinical Neuropsychology University of Glasgow 2017
- Statement of Equivalence British Psychological Society 2010
- Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Psychology Auckland University 2004
- PhD Auckland University 2003
- Bachelor of Psychology (Honours) Macquarie University 1997