Practices worked at
Dr Balfour-Lynn graduated from University College London and Westminster Hospital Medical School (University of London). He then trained in general paediatrics at Westminster Children’s Hospital (now part of Chelsea and Westminster Hospital), Queen Mary’s Hospital in Roehampton, Northwick Park Hospital and St Bartholomew’s Hospital.
Most of his specialist respiratory training was carried out at Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Foundation Trust. He worked in many departments including respiratory medicine, intensive care, infection and immunology and heart-lung transplant.
Dr Balfour-Lynn spent two years in full-time research for his MD thesis, Host Defence Factors in Wheezy Infants with Respiratory Infections, which he completed at the University of London in 1994.
As an expert in children’s medicine, Dr Balfour-Lynn is on the NHS specialist register for paediatrics. He is fully accredited in paediatric respiratory medicine with a special interest in respiratory disease.
For further details, including patient and parental information sheets: www.coughdoc.com
- Flexible bronchoscopy
- Lung function testing
- All relevant investigations fo paediatric respiratory disease including ct scan, tests for reflux and swallowing, allergy and immunology test
- Cystic fibrosis
- Infant wheezing
- Chronic cough
- Recurrent chest infections
- Recurrent pneumonia
- MB BS 1982 University of London
- Fellow Royal College Paediatrics and Child HealthMemberships
- Fellow Royal College of Physicians
- Member British Paediatric Respiratory Society
- Member British Thoracic Society
- Member American Thoracic Society
- Member European Respiratory Society
- Member British Medical Association