Dr Hadi Manji is a Consultant Neurologist at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery and Ipswich Hospital. His areas of special interest include peripheral nerve disorders, headache disorders (e.g. migraine), dizziness, brain infections (e.g. HIV) and movement disorders (e.g. Parkinson's).
Dr Manji qualified in 1982 from Cambridge University. He initially trained as a GP in Edinburgh but completed his neurology speciality training at Middlesex, Royal Free and National Hospitals. He also spent six months at L'hopital Kremlin-Bicetre in Paris. Dr Manji was appointed as a Consultant Neurologist in 1997.
He is active both academically and clinically. Dr Manji has published numerous papers on peripheral nerve disorders, HIV neurology and other general neurology topics. He is currently also involved in researching the neurology complications of COVID-19. He is joint senior author of a recent publication in the journal Brain entitled 'The emerging spectrum of COVID-19 neurology: clinical, radiological and laboratory findings' and wrote an editorial 'Neurology in the time of COVID-19' in the Journal of neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychaitry. He is also the chief author and editor of the Oxford Handbook of Neurology.
Dr Manji's runs several clinics including general neurology clinics and clinics for patients with peripheral nerve disorders and brain infections.
Currently, he is President of the Neurosciences SEction of the Royal Society of Medicine
Diseases, Medical Tests and Treatments
Hallpike's test and Epley manoevre for diagnosis and treatment of Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV).
- Peripheral nerve disorders
- Headache disorders and dizziness
- Guillain Barre syndrome
- Neuroinfection including Covid-19
- Movement disorders (e.g., Parkinson's)
- Video Consultation
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis)
- Dural Arteriovenous Fistulae
- Guillain Barre Syndrome
- Memory Disorders
- Motor Neurone Disease (MND)
- Movement Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Neuromuscular Disease
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Post-Herpetic Neuralgia
- Prion Disease
- Spinal Disorders
- Transient Ischaemic Attack (TIA)
- BChir 1982 University of Cambridge
- MB 1983 University of Cambridge
- Royal Society of Medicine Council member and current President of Neurosciences
- British Peripheral Nerve Society (BPNS)
- Association of British Neurologists (ABN)