Practices worked at
After qualifying in 1986, Dr Edmond Edi-Osagie undertook his basic specialist training in Obstetrics and Gynaecology across the North West of England, acquiring the MRCOG in 1995. Following that, he had further specialist and research training in Reproductive Medicine and Surgery, during which time he obtained an MD for research into the structure and function of the endometrium.
Currently a Senior Consultant in Reproductive Medicine Services at Central Manchester University Hospitals, Edmond is a Consultant Gynaecologist with a specialist clinical and research interest in Reproductive Medicine and Surgery, particularly infertility, assisted conception, endometriosis/pelvic pain and benign pelvic masses including uterine fibroids and ovarian cysts. He has particular expertise in advanced laparoscopic and hysteroscopic surgery thereby providing expert day case surgical options to his clients. He is an accredited RCOG preceptor in advanced laparoscopic and hysteroscopic surgery and leads the only tertiary endometriosis referral centre in the North West of England.
Edmond is married with 3 daughters. In his spare time, he enjoys playing tennis, golf and is also a keen chess player. He also does fund raising activities for voluntary organisations including Oxfam and ActionAid.
- Infertility (one-stop HyCoSy and Doppler) and Assisted conception (IUI, IVF, ICSI)
- Reproductive endocrinology (including polycycstic ovary syndrome)
- Menstrual dysfunction (one-stop outpatient ultrasound, hysteroscopy and treatment)
- Postmenopausal bleeding (one-stop outpatient ultrasound and hysteroscopy)
- Laparoscopic reversal of sterilisation and tubal reconstructive surgery
- Laparoscopic surgical treatment of Endometriosis (including rectovaginal disease)
- Laparoscopic and hysteroscopic treatment of uterine fibroids
- Hysteroscopic treatment of uterine septum and adhesions (synechiae)
- Laparoscopic and vaginal hysterectomy options
- Recurrent miscarriage investigation and treatment
- Preconception and well women advice (including ovarian reserve and fertility planning)
- Menstrual disorders
MB BS (1986) - University of Benin
Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
British Fertility Society
British Society of Gynaecological Endoscopists
European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology
World Endometriosis Society
American Association of Gynaecological Laparoscopists
He is really a talented Doctor with passion for what he does, he is kind and humble.
Dr Edmond is absolutely fantastic. I am just annoyed that I didn’t see him sooner. He is an absolute expert and has given me an insight and understanding of my condition. When talking to him he really listens. I felt like I was well looked after and would feel safe in his hands. Any women who have endometriosis I would highly recommend Dr Edmond.
He is a lovely man who knows his stuff, I've been searching for answers for 13 years and he gave me an answer within a half an hour appointment. This man is amazing anybody with stomach problems I would definitely go and see him.