Practices worked at
Dr Simcock is a Consultant Physician specialising in Respiratory Medicine and Honorary Senior Lecturer at St. Bartholomew’s Hospital. He specialises in sleep disorders such as obstructive sleep apnoea but he also treats general respiratory conditions such as breathlessness, cough, pneumonia, asthma, COPD and lung cancer.
Dr Simcock is lead clinician for bronchoscopy and endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS) for the rapid diagnosis and staging of lung cancer.
Dr Simcock has an interest in research and he has published and presented research internationally and received several national and international awards. He is a reviewer of manuscripts and book chapters. Dr Simcock is also involved in the selection and training of medical undergraduates and doctors in training.
- Endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS)
- Diagnosis, staging and treatment of lung cancer
- Pneumonia treatment
- Asthma management
- COPD management
- Pulmonary embolus treatment
- Sarcoidosis management
- Tuberculosis treatment
- Sleep disorders
- Chronic respiratory failure due to obesity
- Lung cancer
- MB BS United Medical Schools of Guy's & St. Thomas' hospitals, University of London 1997
- PhD King's College London 2010
- MRCP Royal College of Physicians (London) 2000
- FRCP Royal College of Physicians (London) 2014