Dr Amir Saleem is a Consultant Physician and Gastroenterologist who qualified in 1989 from King Edward Medical University, Lahore, Pakistan.
He completed his postgraduate training in gastroenterology and general internal medicine at Chelsea & Westminster Hospital and St Mary's Hospital, Paddington in London, Lister Hospital in Stevenage, and at hospitals in the southwest region (Torbay Hospital in Exeter and Derriford Hospital in Plymouth).
In 2019 he was awarded a Silver Medal by Manchester Medical School for his contribution towards the clinical teaching of 5th year medical students.
Dr Saleem deals with all aspects of general gastroenterology (i.e. upper and lower gastrointestinal (GI) disorders), and has a special interest in inflammatory bowel disease, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), dyspepsia, and therapeutic upper and lower GI endoscopy.
Diseases, Medical Tests and Treatments
- Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG)
- Enteral nutrition (tube)
- Endoscopic mucosal resection (EMR)/polypectomy for colonic polyps during colonoscopy procedures
- General gastroenterology (i.e. upper and lower gastrointestinal (GI) disorders)
- Upper gastrointestinal conditions (oesophagus and stomach)
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Colitis (ulcerative colitis)
- Crohn’s disease
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Dyspepsia (indigestion)
- Therapeutic upper and lower GI endoscopy
- Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GORD) or reflux
- Acid reflux
- Coeliac disease
- Fatty liver disease
- Autoimmune diseases
- Functional bowel disease
- Barrett’s oesophagus
- Gastric (stomach) ulcers
- Swollen stomach
- Hiatus hernia
- Liver disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- General (Internal) Medicine
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD) such as ulcerative Colitis or Crohn's Disease