Practices worked at
Specialist's working hours
Dr Alistair McNair, Consultant Gastroenterologist, is currently based in Southeast London, working within the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust. He is highly specialised in many conditions affecting the intestine and liver including inflammatory bowel disease, Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), coeliac disease, dyspepsia, acid reflux, Barrett's oesophagus, abdominal pain, colorectal cancer, gastric cancer, pancreatic cancer, gall stones, and liver disease.
Dr McNair can perform highly skilled procedures including gastroscopy and trans-nasal endoscopy, small bowel (capsule endoscopy) and large bowel (colonoscopy and flexible sigmoidoscopy). He also offers therapeutic endoscopy options including polypectomy, ERCP, stent insertions, and balloon dilatations. He has been appointed to several roles at his NHS Trust including clinical Director for Gastroenterology. He has also held the roles of Secretary of the endoscopy section of The British Society of Gastroenterology and regional Training Programme Director. His work in research has won him the Bronze National Award, he continues to research for several national and regional programmes.
- Endoscopy (OGD)
- Bowel Cancer Screening
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Colonic Stent
- Oesophageal Stent Insertion
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux
- Colitis (Ulcerative Colitis)
- Dyspepsia (Indigestion)
- Fatty Liver Disease
- Hiatus Hernia
- Swollen Stomach
- Barrett's Oesophagus
- Coeliac Disease
- Upper Gastrointestinal Conditions (Oesophagus & Stomach)
- Autoimmune Hepatitis
- Crohn’s Disease
- Functional Bowel Disease
- Gastric (Stomach) Ulcers
- Gastro-Oesophageal Reflux Disease (GORD) or Reflux
- Gastro-oesophageal Reflux Disease (GORD)
- Heart Burn
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Liver Cancer
- Liver Disease
- Primary Billiary Cholangitis (PBC)
- Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis (PSC)
- MA, MB, BChir Cambridge University 1985
- FRCP Royal College of Physicians 1988
- PhD London University 1994
- British Society of Gastroenterology
- Fellow of The Royal College of Physicians
"Extremely high quality Gastroenterologist and Hepatologist. Accomplished and experienced and extremely pleasant manner and style. I fully endorse Dr McNair as a colleague of the highest calibre."
"I have known Alistair for 20 years a colleague in both the NHS and privately. He is an excellent clinical opinion. Very through and highly emapathetic. I highly recommend him, as he puts his patients first"
"Excellent opinion, highly recommend"