Dr Ali Ajaz graduated from King’s College London and completed his medical training in London. He has a rich and varied experience of working as a consultant psychiatrist in the areas of general adult psychiatry, forensic mental health, older adults and autism, in both the NHS and independent sectors. He always takes a patient-centered, compassionate and solutions based approach to his clinical work.
He is experienced in acting as an expert witness in both criminal and civil proceedings and has also provided reports in foreign jurisdictions. He also has a special interest in cultural psychiatry and has worked for a cultural consultation service in East London.
In addition, Dr Ajaz has a keen interest in medical education and research, holding a senior clinical lecturer in psychiatry role at Queen Mary University London, where he is also undertaking a research degree at current.
- rTMS (repetitive trans-cranial magnetic stimulation): for the treatment of depression and other mental health diagnoses. This is a new, effective and non-invasive alternative for the large number of patients who do not respond to medication
- Neurofeedback: NeurOptimal dynamic neurofeedback is an advanced technology-based form of brain training that is a non-invasive, medication-free treatment that helps you strengthen and retrain your brain to achieve a healthier, more focused state. Neurofeedback has been used successfully to improve many conditions including, but not limited to:
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Behavioral disorders
- Bipolar disorder
- Chronic pain
- Memory problems
- Sleep problems
- Traumatic brain injury/concussions
In addition, it is also used as a method to enhance athletic or musical performance and to promote peak performance in the workplace.
- Anxiety Disorders
- Bipolar Affective Disorder
- Personality Disorders
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- BSc, King's College London - 2004
- MB BS, King's College London - 2005
- MRCPsych, Member of Royal College of Psychiatrists - 2010
- PG Cert in Medical Education, University of Bedfordshire - 2013
- MD (Res), Queen Mary University London (in progress)
- Clinical TMS Certification, Maastricht University - 2019
Very thoughtful Patient and competent!
I find Dr Ali a straight and calming influence, he is patient and understanding. He does not make excessive demands on me, he is tolerant and good natured.
Very nice consultatiom
Dr Ajaz showed consideration and compassion to my mental health. I value the time that I had with him and agreed with his treatment approach.
Dr Ajaz put me at ease and I was able to talk about my depression. He very supportive and sympathetic, and I'm happy he was recommended to me.
He was able to listen to me and helped me understand my diagnosis. He explained it clearly and I am very pleased that I saw him.
He was very professional and kind, giving me confidence in his clinical opinions and our agreed treatment plan.
Dr Ajaz has been a great help to me through my difficulties. He understood what I was going through when no one else did.
I want to thank you for all your care and patience and concern you have showed to us. We shall miss coming to see you. From the beginning, we were impressed with the warmth and friendliness as well as the professionalism of all we met and spoke with .
You have been a big help for me
I really wanted to express my gratitude to you for all the care and dedication you have shown to my beloved niece. Thank you so much for your support and from the entire family, thank you for caring for our niece for the past years. She means the world to me and although she's really struggling now I can not thank you enough for everything you have done for her.
Dr Ajaz saw me at short notice. He provided me with the information and support I needed. Overall he was very helpful and kind.
The doctor took his time and listened to my story. He was very kind and understanding, and I would be happy to see him again.
I would very much recommend Dr Ajaz to anyone looking for a highly competent and kind psychiatrist. I first met with Dr Ajaz at a very low time in my life and he worked with me on a plan to overcome my depression and anxiety. For that I will always be grateful.