Mr Aakshay Gulati is a Consultant Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon at the Queen Victoria Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, East Grinstead, and Kent Institute of Medicine and Surgery.
Mr Gulati holds a Bachelor’s degree in Dental Surgery obtained in 1996. He undertook training in oral surgery in the London area and was awarded the Fellowship in Dental Surgery (FDSRCS) by the Royal College of Surgeons of England in 2001. Subsequently, Mr Gulati enrolled in medicine, graduated from King’s College London in 2006, completed generic surgical training and was awarded the Membership of Royal College of Surgeons (MRCS) in 2009. Mr Gulati continued his higher surgical training in oral and maxillofacial surgery and spent some time in a world-class centre in Munich where he completed a head and neck and microvascular reconstruction fellowship. In 2014 Mr Gulati was awarded the Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (FRCS-OMFS). Mr Gulati has also completed advanced training in the field of implantology.
Mr Gulati has a broad spectrum of surgical interests. He sees patients with a range of conditions and performs head and neck oncology and microvascular reconstruction, salivary gland surgery, surgical dermatology, complex oral surgery, implantology, temporomandibular joint surgery.
Mr Gulati is actively involved in research and teaching. He has published extensively in various peer-reviewed journals and received the Leibinger Prize in 2012.
- Head and neck oncology
- Microvascular facial reconstruction
- Surgical dermatology and reconstruction
- Facial aesthetics/Cosmetic surgery (blepharoplasty, rhinoplasty, chin/cheek implants, facelift)
- Salivary gland surgery
- Complex oral surgery
- Dental implantology
- Tooth extraction (Wisdom teeth removal, decayed teeth extraction)
- Bone grafts
- Temporomandibular joint surgery
- Jaw surgery
- Mole removal
- Head and neck lumps
- Head and neck lesions
- Facial trauma
- Facial pain
- Facial reconstruction (post-trauma, post-surgery)
- Facial aesthetics
- Salivary gland lumps
- Oral lesions
- Temporomandibular Jaw Joint problems
- Dentoalveolar surgery
- Wisdom teeth
- Surgical extractions
- Bone grafts
- BSc in Dental surgery - 1996
- Fellowship in Dental Surgery (FDSRCS) - Royal College of Surgeons of England - 2001
- MBBS - King’s College London - 2006
- Membership of Royal College of Surgeons (MRCS) - 2009
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (FRCS-OMFS) - 2014
Very nice, clear explanations and very quick.
Very professional, straightforward and relaxed.