- Laparoscopic (key-hole) Surgery
- Male and Female Incontinence
- General Urology
- Urinary tract infections (UTI)
- Female Functional Urology
New appointment: £200
Follow-up appointment: £150
Mrs Aruna Abhyankar is a Consultant Paediatric Surgeon with a well established and successful NHS practice with specialisation in paediatric surgery.
Mrs Abhyankar's areas of interest include a wider range of paediatric urology surgery including hypospadias and incontinence management. She also looks after a wide range general paediatric surgery. eg circumcision, hernia, Hydrocele, constipation.
Mrs Abhyankar is able to deliver care to children and young adults with her clinical experience.
Mrs Abhyankar has completed qualification in adult general surgery and paediatric surgery through formal training programmes and specialist fellowships.
FRCS and MCh in Paediatric Surgery
On specialist register of GMC for Paediatric Surgery
FRCS and MS in Adult General Surgery
She adheres the 5 Cs
Clinical risk management: through clinical assessments and careful planning for any surgery.
Consent: Mr Abhyankar champions full adherence to Montgomery consent
Core Medical education: She believes a good grounding in basic medical education is the key for a thoughtful medical practice.
Clinical research: Setting up and completion of RCT and clinical observational studies in adult and paediatric patients with ongoing projects
- Abdominal pain
- Urinary tract infections
General Paediatric Surgery:
- Inguinal Hernia
- Orchiopexy Lapaproscopyc/Open
- Deflux Injection
- Pyeloplasty: for PUJ obstructaion
- Duplex kidney surgical management including Laparoscopy Ureteroureterostomy
- Endoscopic balloon dilatations
- Hypospadias repair
- Prenatal counselling
- Stoma formation
- Stoma closure
- Rectal biopsy
- Complex continence management including complications after previous anorectal surgery
contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org for availability and services if needed
- General paediatric surgery
- Undescended testes: laparoscpic and open
- lumps and bumps
- Prenatal counselling for paediatric surgical diagnoses
- Urinary tract congenital pathology management
- Urinary reflux
- Duplex Kidney
- Neuropathic bladder and bowel incontinence
- Physiological pathologies: evaluation and management
- overactive bladder
- Non neuropathic Urinary incontinence
- constipation and faecal incontinence
- Laparoscopic paediatric urology
Formal training qualifications in the UK and India through accredited training programmes are as follows:
- Adult General Surgery: MS(1993) FRCS (1999)
- Paediatric Surgery: MCh (paediatric Surgery) University of Bombay (Mumbai), India 1996
- FRCS(paeds) Royal College of Surgeons 2008
ESPU: European Society of Pediatric Urology
ICS: International continence society
MMC; Maharashtra Medical council India
IPAS; Indian Association of Paediatric Surgeons
BMA; British Medical Association
Really impressed with Mrs Abhyankar. She was caring dilligent and thorough. Excellent.
Mrs Abhyankar established a good rapport with my 12 year old daughter, and put her at ease. My daughter left the consultation with a good understanding of the problem, and the advice she needed to follow.
We had a video consultation with Mrs Abhyankar regarding a surgical procedure for our son. She was fantastic! Her explanations were clear, considered and thorough. She was kind and thoughtful to our needs, at time that is very worrying for us. I would highly recommend contacting her for consultation.