Dr. Abbasian (BSc MBBS MSc FRCPsych) completed his psychiatric training at the Maudsley, a centre of excellence and one of the most influential mental health establishments in the world. He has worked with the leaders in the field of psychiatry and addictions. Dr. Abbasian has been practicing psychiatry since 2000 and he works for the NHS and the private sector. He has access to a wide range of therapeutic interventions including psychological, psychotherapeutic, day hospital and an inpatient facility in central London. He teaches medical students, junior doctors, GPs and volunteers. Dr Abbasian has had many media appearances, including on the BBC and has published extensively, including in peer reviewed journals.
Referrals are accepted directly from patients, GPs, other specialist and employers. Dr Abbasian can also provide medico-legal reports. Full diagnostic assessments can be arranged, including second opinions, with therapist recommendations and follow-ups if required.
Dr. Abbasian has expertise in the diagnosis and the treatment of,
• Anxiety and OCD
• Stress related disorders (including related to COVID19).
• Trauma and PTSD
• Bipolar Disorders
• Addictions (alcohol, opiates, cocaine, amphetamines, GHB, ketamine, gambling, gaming, technology, and naltrexone (The Sinclair Method) treatment.
• Dual Diagnosis - mental illness plus addiction.
• Eating Disorders (bulimia, anorexia, binge eating).
• Mental health issues affecting LGBTQ+ community.
• Mental health issues affecting doctors and dentists. Dr Abbasian undertakes health assessments for the GMC and the GDC.
• Cannabis addiction with CBMP (prescribed cannabis).
Appointments are available at short notice, most evenings and at weekends at:
• Nightingale Hospital, Marylebone.
• Remotely via psychiatry-uk.com (tele-psychiatry).
Dr Abbasian is recognised by all major medical insurers. He is able to communicate fluently in Farsi (دکتر سیروس عباسیان) and is well placed to address mental health issues in patients from Iran and the Middle East. Information disclosed will remain totally confidential and is usually released only with the patient’s consent.
Dr Abbasian is recognised by the General Medical Council (4637608) as a Dual Specialist in
• General Adult Psychiatry
• Addiction Psychiatry
You can contact him by -
- Inbox message
- Mobile number, +44(0)7903 322499 (please leave a voicemail or send a text message)
- EMAIL, cyrus.abbasian@NightingaleHospital.co.uk or email@example.com (secure)