The Kensington Wing
Welcome to The Kensington Wing
The Kensington Wing is a private maternity hospital wing of the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital. It is considered one of the safest hospitals in all of the UK to have a baby, both in terms of reputation as well as statistics. Located in Chelsea in southwest London, the Kensington Wing of the Chelsea and Westminster hospital offers a range of private care options for mother-to-be and baby, with a focus on individualized, custom care.
One of the most wonderful features of the Kensington Wing is the ability to have all the benefits of private maternity care, including trained midwives or obstetrics/gynaecology doctors, or both, all in a comfortable, private setting. Being part of a highly-rated hospital like Chelsea and Westminster provides the additional peace of mind for expectant mothers, that should any complications arise, the expert medical staff and state-of-the-art diagnostics and equipment are within easy reach.
The Kensington Wing offers a range of birthing and baby delivery options with the highest standards of care available for each. Patients can choose a midwife-led experience or a consultant -led experience for their labour and delivery. In addition, follow-up care, including post-natal exams and support, are provided.
Midwife care and delivery are available for most types of low-risk pregnancies. Our trained midwives work hand-in-hand with ultrasound specialists and other consultants to ensure all the pre-natal checks and monitoring occur during your pregnancy. The expert and highly-trained midwives at Kensington are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to provide a comprehensive, patient-focused pregnancy experience. When the big moment arrives, your chosen midwife will help you deliver and welcome the newest member of your family into the world. Should any complications arise, a trained obstetrics consultant is always on call and assigned to your case, and can step in at a moment‚Äôs notice.
Consultant care and delivery follow a more traditional modern medicine route. All pre-natal exams and tests are conducted, and your chosen obstetrician/consultant will continue to monitor your pregnancy and baby‚Äôs development. When it is time for delivery, the consultant will expertly work with you to ensure a smooth delivery. If any issues develop, they are fully trained and capable of handling emergencies as fully qualified doctors.
Most of the various services at the Kensington Wing are available a la carte, and a customized program of prenatal checks, labour and delivery services, and post-natal services can be tailored to the needs, wants, and financial limitations of every expectant mother. All of these services are offered from the comfort of a highly-rated, private labour and delivery hospital London.
Kensington is all about providing choices to mothers to make their pregnancy and delivery a joyous and positive experience. From pre-natal care to post-natal care and everything in between, the Kensington Wing at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital is truly an unmatched private pregnancy hospital experience. With a great staff of midwives and obstetrics clinicians and a whole-person holistic approach to care, mothers can rest easy knowing they have a team to guide them through their pregnancy and delivery journey.
Treatments and Fees
- The Harmony test analyses fragments of your baby’s DNA in a sample of your blood to assess the risk of Down’s Syndrome (trisomy 21), Edward’s syndrome (trisomy 18) Patau Syndrome (trisomy 13)
- Our experienced team of midwives will look after you throughout pregnancy, labour and birth. The team will be on hand 24 hours a day, seven days a week to offer advice and support and will address any concerns you might have throughout your pregnancy. This package includes a midwife delivery and one night postnatal stay
- Additional nights or admissions throughout your pregnancy will be charged as per the pricelis
- During your antenatal care, one of our 13 consultant obstetricians will look after you throughout pregnancy. Your named consultant will be there to answer any questions you have, and advise you on your antenatal care and delivery options. They are available for both vaginal deliveries and caesarean sections and will care for you postnatally alongside our team of experienced midwives. The package includes delivery and one night postnatal stay
- Additional nights or admissions throughout your pregnancy will be charged as per the pricelist. This price does not include consultant fees.
I selected to take my wife to Kensington Wing for delivery because from abroad i knew that its a right choice and the hospital can be rated as number One in the world. After being there and seeing the way my wife is treated then i was so happy that i wasn't mistaken chosing Kensington wing at all, therefore i recommend everyone seeing this message to only chose this hospital if you want to have a peace of mind and leave your wife and new born baby in safe hands.
Looked into many hospitals and Kensington Wing was the best choice for us - very light and welcoming atmosphere with helpful and supporting midwifes.