BMI The London Independent Hospital
Welcome to BMI The London Independent Hospital
BMI The London Independent Hospital is a comprehensive, acute private hospital located close to the City of London and Canary Wharf, and is within easy access of Essex and the home counties. With a full critical care unit (ITU level III), three theatres (two with laminar flow), a cardiac catheterisation unit, endoscopy suite and one of the most comprehensive private imaging centres in the South East, BMI The London Independent Hospital has an unrivalled reputation for providing both routine and complex care for patients from the wider Essex and Greater London areas, and internationally, across most clinical specialties, with the exception of maternity, paediatric and psychiatric care.
Home to a highly experienced internationally recognised team of consultant cardiologists and cardiothoracic surgeons; the hospital has long been a core centre for cardiac care, attracting nationwide referrals based on both the expertise of our consultants and cardiac nursing teams - together with our ability to cover every aspect of the patient pathway without an onward referral.
We provide more than 30 different medical specialities, including cardiac, trauma & orthopaedics, sports medicine and endoscopy services. We also perform complex surgical procedures, supported by our ITU and HDU facilities.
Treatments and Fees
- Medical and lifestyle questionnaire
- Dietary assessment
- BMI Guide to healthy living
- Personalised medical report and recommendations
- Lifestyle consultation with nurse
- Blood pressure
- Body composition (height, weight, hip to waist, BMI and body fat percentage)
- Lipid profile
- Check for Diabetes including HbA1c
- Cardiovascular risk score
- Urine analysis (3 tests for diabetes infection and kidney function)
- Vision and hearing
- Female Specific Breast cancer awareness
- Male Specific Testicular cancer awareness
- There are 4 different BMI health assessments please contact hospital for more information
Friendly staff. Not the best location to get to.
Bupa London independent Admin team poor, rude and caused problems with the admission. Overall nursing staff great from ward to recovery room. Physio staff very attentive. Catering staff very pleasant.
I was at BMI at the beginning of the coronavirus crisis and felt very well looked after and safe there. The staff were really friendly and the hospital was clean and lovely
I would prefer not to comment