What is a paediatric surgeon?
Paediatric surgeons specialise in general surgery on patients below the age of 16 years old. The majority of surgery is correcting congenital deformities such as congenital hernia and undescended testes as well as other intra-abdominal conditions.
When to see a paediatric surgeon?
You should consider visiting a paediatric surgeon if you have been told that your child needs surgery. Children have different anatomy and different responses to surgery and for this reason, paediatric surgeons are the most qualified specialists to treat younger children and infants. Paediatric subspecialties including Paediatric Cardiothoracic Surgery and Paediatric Orthopaedic Surgery. You may want to consider seeing one of these sub-specialised doctors if you need more specific care.
What conditions does a paediatric surgeon treat?
- Bladder Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Blood In Urine (Haematuria)
- Hirschprung’s Disease
- Pectus Excavatum
- Testicular Pain
- Bladder Pain
- Ano-Rectal Anomalies
- Oesophageal Atresia
- Male Hypogonadism
- Peyronie’s Disease
What procedures can you find at a paediatric surgery clinic in London?
- Vasectomy (Male Sterilization)
- Female And Reconstructive Urology
- Green Light Laser Prostatectomy
- Rigid & Flexible Ureterorenoscopy And Laser Fragmentation Of Stones
- Bladder Instillation
- Gastrostomy-Jejunostomy Tube Insertion
- Holmium Laser Enucleation Of The Prostate (HoLEP)
- Micro-Surgical Sperm Retrieval (MESA)
- Vasectomy Reversal
- Inflatable Penile Prosthesis
- Prostatectomy (TURP)
- Transurethral Resection Of A Bladder Tumour (TURBT)
- Robotic Pyeloplasty
- Robotic Cystectomy
- Nerve Sparing Prostatectomy
- Prostate Biopsy
- Blue Light Cystoscopy
- Testicular Sperm Extraction (TESE)
- Transrectal Ultrasound (TRUS)
- Orchiopexy For Undescended Testicle (UDT)
- Video Consultation